Dave Schirack & family need some prayers from his wrestling family

Andy Friedt

Dave spent his summers up at his cabin in UP Michigan, and his winters on the wrestling mat.

He has impacted uncountable lives on his journey here on earth, and without a miracle he'll be a great referee in the next place. He had a pretty bad aneurysm a couple days ago, and his Facebook friends have been getting updates from his family. Just wanted to provide a little info here, and maybe get a few extra prayers for him and his family.

Andy Friedt

(Dave coached me from age 5-18, and will always be a friend)

Just received word that Dave Schirack passed away this morning at 10:50. Dave was one of the biggest parts of my life growing up. The countless hours he spent taking me all over the state of Indiana and beyond to wrestle and officiate will be memories and stories I will cherish forever. Dave was the true meaning of what the ISWA is suppose to be for youth wrestling in Indiana. You will be greatly missed...

I am very sorry to hear this. Dave was a fixture at the local and state ISWA events always lending a hand whether it be officiating, working a table, helping with weigh ins or mentoring a young official. Dave always, always, always had the best interest of the kids and the sport in mind. I will miss him.

Even though I didnt know Dave on an extremely personal level i met and spoke with him on several occasions. He always took the time to talk about his cool adventures in wrestling and made sure every child was special . the couple times he spoke to my boys it made them feel great and excited to wrestle. He will be  missed a huge loss for indiana wrestling and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.       

Dave was the perfect example of why I love wrestling.  He was a good friend to me for many years when I refereed wrestling.  He is one of many old friends I look forward to seeing once a year at the state finals.  He will be missed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.