Micic

MCKAJC

Northwestern is the winner in the Stevan Micic sweepstakes. It came down to Ohio State and Northwestern in the end, with Iowa, Illinois and Harvard making last minute pitches as well. The Micic's are a very close family, so the support system was a big part of their decision along with the quality of education at Northwestern.

Kind of interesting that Stevan has never competed in any of the big national folkstyle events. Yet his freestyle resume has put him at or near the top of his recruiting class.

Stevan will also be taking a 3 week trip to Dagestan Russia on a special invite from the NYAC.

Northwestern adds another outstanding young man from NWI to their program. I know this is a big day for the Micic family.

Congratulations Stevan!!

The Crary Family.

Northwestern gets arguably the best 3 wrestlers to come out of Indiana in each of the past few years. 

C'mon Purdue and Indiana!!  Step up your recruiting game guys!  Let's keep some of these kids home

Northwestern gets arguably the best 3 wrestlers to come out of Indiana in each of the past few years. 

C'mon Purdue and Indiana!!  Step up your recruiting game guys!  Let's keep some of these kids home

First off, congrats to the young man.  I've had a few opportunities to meet him and I've walked away impressed each time. As for IU and Purdue stepping up, I'm not sure there is much they can do when it comes to a Blue Chipper like Micic.  I think from a wrestling standpoint, neither of the three schools have realized much success on the mat, I do however think Northwestern is closer to changing that at this point, but when you consider the education and what a Northwestern degree does it's not even a competition.  A Northwestern education easily costs between $140-$180K when it's all said and done, so if he's getting part or all of that paid, from a dollars and cents perspective it makes perfect sense when you consider Purdue and IU will run you $90-110K.  Great choice in my opinion, will provide him with many opportunities in the future, and I mean beyond wrestling.

Wrestlers focusing on one style or the other has become very common these days.  Coaches, in my opinion, don't seem to care which style your competing at just as long as your competiting at a high level.  Micic competed at Fila & Fargo and that's what moved him up the rankings even though we all agree, we don't know how he'll do on a national level in folkstyle.  We know he'll be successful but will he have the same level of success in folkstyle.

At the end of the day, i guess it really doesn't matter because he'll be getting an awesome education and an excellent chance at starting as a true freshman, which can be a catch 22.

Congrats Micic.

No Boston unless he wins one of the auctions

you would think his resume would get him a spot regardless but it must not......i wouldn't think he would want to miss a tournament as prestigious as this one......especially going into his senior year......

you would think his resume would get him a spot regardless but it must not......i wouldn't think he would want to miss a tournament as prestigious as this one......especially going into his senior year......

He failed to

1. Sign up early when all high state placers and such could register

2. Register during the open period

3. Send a "petition" in the correct time it was allowed

The only way to get into the tournament at this time is via the auctions in which the last one ends tonight.

He failed to

1. Sign up early when all high state placers and such could register

2. Register during the open period

3. Send a "petition" in the correct time it was allowed

The only way to get into the tournament at this time is via the auctions in which the last one ends tonight.

sounds like he just didn't want to go.....to bad, it would have been nice to see them two wrestle if it had happened.....maybe someday in college it will happen....

sounds like he just didn't want to go.....to bad, it would have been nice to see them two wrestle if it had happened.....maybe someday in college it will happen....

The Super 32 is a week before the "Who's #1" Flowrestling event that Boston accepted an invitation too. It could be that he wouldn't be able to easily make the back to back trips or didn't want to have such a grueling event the week prior.

The Super 32 is a week before the "Who's #1" Flowrestling event that Boston accepted an invitation too. It could be that he wouldn't be able to easily make the back to back trips or didn't want to have such a grueling event the week prior.

I agree, why not just wrestle in Who's #1 dual against Sean Russell.  Russell is every bit as good as Micic.  Russell is wrestling in both events but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up skipping Super32.  As far as the senior comment, once a wrestler has committed, what else is left to prove at the HS level?

There is very little difference between the top 4 at 120#.  I'm including Micic since he should've been ranked at 120# vs 126#.

Boston wants nothing to do with Micic. He can talk the talk but when it comes time to actually get on the mat with Steven he's no where to be found. Rumor has it Boston's dad was on the phone with Uhaul asking for a rental truck to Kentucky during the 3rd period of their championship match.

I agree, why not just wrestle in Who's #1 dual against Sean Russell.  Russell is every bit as good as Micic.  Russell is wrestling in both events but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up skipping Super32.  As far as the senior comment, once a wrestler has committed, what else is left to prove at the HS level?

There is very little difference between the top 4 at 120#.  I'm including Micic since he should've been ranked at 120# vs 126#.

not that there is anything left to prove as far as getting colleges to look at you, but these are some of the last chances they will have have to wrestle these big tournaments

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.