Best team in Indiana this year?

somecoolguy

Mater dei maybe has the most state champs.

Not sure on the most champs, but they should be able to muster at least a few placers with a shot at a finalist or two. That in itself would be a nice comeback for the EMD program after last years results of only two qualifiers that both went out Friday night. 

I think Perry gets the job done again.

EMD will have Lee being top 3 at 126. Egli placing at least at 106. They have a couple solid returners. Hopefully Pierre breaks the curse and gets on the podium this year, which i think he will do. Blake Jourdan will be somewhere in the mix, depends on how good he has gotten.

Perry is the favorite. I mean James is striving for a title, Lecount will get another one without a doubt, and who knows who else. They are just gonna e so solid everywhere. Wish I knew more.

Cathedral will be the team to upset Perry if it happens I believe. Vinny going for that title, 160 or 152 though? I saw he will be 157 at Rutgers. Wes at HWT. Rypel (sp?) at 170 maybe, top 4 IMO. Just another team that will be solid everywhere.

I'm sure I'm forgetting people from these teams but these are my top 3.

I think it'll end up being 1. PM, 2. Cathedral, 3. EMD

You can't forget that Penn is returning a state runner-up, an 8th placer, a 2x qualifier, and three more state qualifiers, along with numerous semi-state qualifiers. I think Penn will may get all 14 through to semi-state this year and at least half of them to state.

The same could probably be said for Perry or Cathedral though. This could be really close between the top 4 or 5.

Because Friday night's wins don't count place winners doesn't count for as much. You could have 8 kids get 8th place and you still only finish with 8 points, far behind a team with just one 3rd place. High place winners and falls are the most important; we don't have a team with as many dominate wrestlers as PM did the past two years. Mishawaka has a shot with Forte, Marci, and Sinkovics all with title shots and Forte is a bonus point machine. Old format, Perry is hard to bet against because of how dominate they were at Disney but the new format opens the possibility for teams like cathedral, emd, mish., and a few others to sneak up and pull of a good weekend and take home a title.

Because Friday night's wins don't count place winners doesn't count for as much. You could have 8 kids get 8th place and you still only finish with 8 points, far behind a team with just one 3rd place. High place winners and falls are the most important; we don't have a team with as many dominate wrestlers as PM did the past two years. Mishawaka has a shot with Forte, Marci, and Sinkovics all with title shots and Forte is a bonus point machine. Old format, Perry is hard to bet against because of how dominate they were at Disney but the new format opens the possibility for teams like cathedral, emd, mish., and a few others to sneak up and pull of a good weekend and take home a title.

If you have 8 kids get 8th place , you most likely would be the best dual team in the state , regardless of the stupid new format .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.