Never saw that coming......

overtime

I was thinking what are some of everyones favorite moments from the state tournament that you never saw coming. Two of mine are.

1) Wildeman EMD picking up and slamming Jimmy Shultz Mish. for the fall state semi finials.

2) Greg Wagner getting lateraled to his back under the lights and getting stuck.

I've only been to the last 3 so bear with me...

Petrov completely exploding against Todd in the second period was very unexpected. Even if some people thought Petrov would pull out the upset, I don't think anyone would have expected Todd to get pinned by him while losing 6-2(?).

Greg Wagner getting lateraled to his back under the lights and getting stuck.

Wagner got lateraled in the last 15 seconds of the match while being up 5-2.... He didn't get pinned, but he did get thrown for 2 takedown + 3 back points... to lose 7-5 to Jason Fryar who began wrestling as a sophomore in high school.  Fryar was 6' 11", just a super big dude.

I've only been to the last 3 so bear with me...

Petrov completely exploding against Todd in the second period was very unexpected. Even if some people thought Petrov would pull out the upset, I don't think anyone would have expected Todd to get pinned by him while losing 6-2(?).

Paulie Petrov was a killer and still is, considering the fact that he is a Division 1 varsity wrestler for Bucknell.  He was blessed with some God given talent, but he works extremely hard at everything he does.  A very motivated person in the classroom, as well as on the wrestling mat.

But.... I will admit I was surprised the way Petrov was able to dominate Mason Todd in the state semi finals as seniors, because he dropped a 3-2 decision to Todd the previous year in the state semi finals.  I think it's a testament to the way he worked all off season and prepared for that 3rd weekend in February his senior year... he left no stone unturned!

I was thinking what are some of everyones favorite moments from the state tournament that you never saw coming. Two of mine are.

1) Wildeman EMD picking up and slamming Jimmy Shultz Mish. for the fall state semi finials.

2) Greg Wagner getting lateraled to his back under the lights and getting stuck.

Most us southerners called #1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.