Very disturbing story!

Mattyb

I have know the weddle's and stovalls's for about 4 years now.  I started coaching Nick the oldest in 7th grade and his younger siblings followed suit at much younger ages.  What their mother did is very disturbing and sickening to us all.  We did a lot for the family and many in the wrestling community including Coach Tonte and Coach Ellis.  Tons of other people gave words of encouragement, and some even went on to buy shirts the baseball team had made to help pay for funds. 

All that said, we try to do the best we can with our kids and help them learn lessons that this sport has taught us all:  Brotherhood, hard work, discipline, honesty, and learning to be a strong minded individual.  These lessons are exactly what these kids need right now, and hopefully they will be able to learn from the wrong committed by their mother and turn what could be a devastating event in their lives into one they will take and push them to work harder to be strong willed individuals!

Nick, Trey, Steven, Wallace, Alexis, Isaiah, and I always forget the youngest name (sorry) are all great kids and have done well academically as well as athletically.  It is a huge blessing to have such a strong family at Ben Davis and have parents step up and take these kids in and volunteer to do so because of how great these kids are.

The most important thing to remember is NOT that their mother made a huge mistake; rather these are great kids with huge potential not only in an athletic field but also to be great citizens of our country when they grow up and grow stronger from this!

Not much of a poster on this board, but this defiantly warranted a reply.

Coach Gill

Obviously those who are close to the Ben Davis Wrestling family are upset and embarrassed by the negative attention brought on by this incident.  When you’re sitting in a room with 20 other people who love this 10 year old child whose being told he has cancer, it never occurred to us through the tears that it wouldn’t be true.  Reiterating what Coach Gill has said, the worst part of it is that the kids are great kids and the shame that they must feel I can only imagine.  I personally want to apologize for the actions that a parent representing Ben Davis has caused and in no way do we want that to reflect on who we are as a BD Wrestling Family.  The coaches work very hard to do the best they can and will continue to do so in the future.

Aaron Moss

Obviously those who are close to the Ben Davis Wrestling family are upset and embarrassed by the negative attention brought on by this incident.  When you’re sitting in a room with 20 other people who love this 10 year old child whose being told he has cancer, it never occurred to us through the tears that it wouldn’t be true.  Reiterating what Coach Gill has said, the worst part of it is that the kids are great kids and the shame that they must feel I can only imagine.  I personally want to apologize for the actions that a parent representing Ben Davis has caused and in no way do we want that to reflect on who we are as a BD Wrestling Family.  The coaches work very hard to do the best they can and will continue to do so in the future.

Aaron Moss

Something good did come out from all of this. The child is healthy! With the support of your club, I am sure you will bring a positive atmosphere back into this child's life.  Now for the Mom? Have her go 6 minutes with Levi!.... ;D

Aaron Moss

Hey you cant blame kids for the actions of their parents, and if you don't agree then just ask mine! lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.