Lance Ellis Highlights

Y2CJ41

Thanks for the video, that is the first time I have had a chance to see him in action.  Some of you old-timers are weren't lying when you talked about his wicked lateral/headlock spin.  I'd love to see some more videos of some other top wrestlers from a few decades backs.

What a throw in his last high school match... Wow

I've seen tons of wrestling in Indiana and 1000's of wrestlers..The finals throw and flip with the 2 4's in the air he was electric if nothing else. For my 2 pennies he's the best ever. I could watch old tapes of him all day. Saw him do it in person I was there in '88 and '89. Never heard anything like the roar after he threw Scott Wilson. Magnifico!

He had the best lateral I've ever seen most hit it while their opponent pushes into them, but Lance could hit it anytime he had a overhook because his hips were sooo good, and I think there is no doubt with 4 state titles and 177-0 with a 85% pin percentage we can call him the best high school wrestler Indiana has seen!

He had the best lateral I've ever seen most hit it while their opponent pushes into them, but Lance could hit it anytime he had a overhook because his hips were sooo good, and I think there is no doubt with 4 state titles and 177-0 with a 85% pin percentage we can call him the best high school wrestler Indiana has seen!

He had a great lateral but it can still be argued he's not the best. The pin stat is impressive but I'd like to know the percentage of matches that didn't make the full 3 periods (so techs and pins) for anyone you can argue, because I'm sure if you include techs the others you can name will be up there.

Loved watching this and brought back many memories. The lat drop at the end is sick.  Plus, as an extra bonus, we get to hear the running commentary and musical whistles of the most humble, friendly, and serene coach in Indiana's history (cough, cough).

He was by far ahead of his time! I don't think he could physically stack up with the best kids today, but a beast nonetheless!

He wrestled 98,112,112,and 119. How physically imposing do you have to be to wrestle those weights? Few could wrestle at his intensity. This tape just shows a glimpse. Who has the tape of when he did a 360 degree spin and finished a beautiful high crotch...at state. Who does that?

Who has the tape of when he did a 360 degree spin and finished a beautiful high crotch...at state. Who does that?

I've seen a few people get out of a 2 on 1 with a 360 and end up in on the legs.  But James Brimm comes to mind if you're talking about someone from neutral just doing a wideopen 360 spin into a takedown.

Loved watching this and brought back many memories. The lat drop at the end is sick.  Plus, as an extra bonus, we get to hear the running commentary and musical whistles of the most humble, friendly, and serene coach in Indiana's history (cough, cough).

That lateral at the end was in the state finals against Scott Wilson who won state the following year, so understand the quality of wrestler he could hit it on!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.