Early Richmond Regionals?

Just a few feathers ruffled  ;D, don't like to post much about my son but thought it was time because I keep seeing comments from "over 2 billion sold"  :o about how the ref (2 in this case) gave my son the match. I disagreed and gave my reasons. I just thought it was time to hear from the other side. I go with the BigMak probably 90 percent of the time and appreciate your love of the sport, but we should not and wont agree about everything or this site would be pretty boring. I hope they meet again as well and we can talk about some new material.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BigMak

What is your sons name? And School?

I am biased, Gage is my kid, (but the video does not lie) watch it if you have or can get, and tell me it did not happen exactly as described. He beats Newton 4 out 5 matches in my opinion , but that is why they wrestle.

I think his name is Gage Pace from Franklin County

I disagree on Tipton he is way to small and his tecnique doesn't make up for his strength at the weight he plans on going. Killion is sketchy do to the weight he is possibly going. Rushville should have a very tough 182 lb. Richmond has Austin bane coming in he should make noise. Can't forget those uc kids that bigmak put in as lock ins on the Tec predictions forum Coffman and alquino.also according to bigmak mcclurg should make some big noise this year. I'm sure Richmond heavyweight is a lock in unless some crazy stud moves in wich I doubt. Also Richmond has another kid that I have not seen much of this off season but place on the podium at regionals at a low weight I think he took 2nd? I forget his name haha. South dear born has max dole but I do not think he will be a champ just because of the weight I think he will go. South deerborn looks like one of the weaker teams do to them loosing most of their semi state ranked kids shaw and utterback and idk. Batesville will be not as solid as the past year but still will hold their ground. East central is another team that is not as strong as they were but still should hold up. New caste I look for being weaker this year then they was last year. Lincoln,tri, Hagerstown, north Easter will not make noise at all. Connersville as returning champs should be in the running for back to back titles. Richmond will be a team to watch with all their mat time this off season. UC is another team that may surprise some people on the improvement also centerville will be better ten they was last year ad another team to watch for improvement. Almost forgot about Milan but I do not have much to say. I'm just trying to spark this forum up

I disagree on Tipton he is way to small and his tecnique doesn't make up for his strength at the weight he plans on going. Killion is sketchy do to the weight he is possibly going. Rushville should have a very tough 182 lb. Richmond has Austin bane coming in he should make noise. Can't forget those uc kids that bigmak put in as lock ins on the Tec predictions forum Coffman and alquino.also according to bigmak mcclurg should make some big noise this year. I'm sure Richmond heavyweight is a lock in unless some crazy stud moves in wich I doubt. Also Richmond has another kid that I have not seen much of this off season but place on the podium at regionals at a low weight I think he took 2nd? I forget his name haha. South dear born has max dole but I do not think he will be a champ just because of the weight I think he will go. South deerborn looks like one of the weaker teams do to them loosing most of their semi state ranked kids shaw and utterback and idk. Batesville will be not as solid as the past year but still will hold their ground. East central is another team that is not as strong as they were but still should hold up. New caste I look for being weaker this year then they was last year. Lincoln,tri, Hagerstown, north Easter will not make noise at all. Connersville as returning champs should be in the running for back to back titles. Richmond will be a team to watch with all their mat time this off season. UC is another team that may surprise some people on the improvement also centerville will be better ten they was last year ad another team to watch for improvement. Almost forgot about Milan but I do not have much to say. I'm just trying to spark this forum up

I agree with you on Tipton, he might place but don't look for him to win, Bane might place but haven't seen him wrestle that much....I don't look fot Killion to advance.  I do like some of Bigmak's predictions from UC also with Coffman, McClurg, Bawers and Aquino placing or winning some of their weight classes. Connersville will definitely have some placers and winners....they have strong team again this year.....Day, the kid at 132, the 152 or 160??

I don't think you can count New Castle or maybe even Tri out for a couple tough contenders even though they might be weaker teams than last year.

After looking a little closer at these, here is some more input.

106: Wilburn pinned Bunch earlier this season, no way she finished second in the regional.

113: Zach Roszell from Rushville beat Markley pretty soundly this past weekend.

120: Ford beat Moody this past weekend. Pace was a Regional champ last year. He will advance to SS

132: Westerfield beat O'Farrow in a good match. I think people are underestimating him. I like him to win 132.

138: I understand your bias and what you want, but I can't see Killion placing in the top three here. Maybe 4th, but missing this much of the season, its going to be hard

152: I don't think Steele will win. Manning has a fall over him, and I really like Hale.

160: Grant McLaughlin from Rushville pinned Jordan from Centerville, and Nobbe tech falled McLaughlin

170: Amberger looked pretty good this past weekend. I think he will surprise some people. I think he advances to SS

182: Cavins and Shirkey will be a good one, and will happen in the finals, both better than Robinson

Just some thoughts

If Wilburn beats me by taking a shot next time I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he'll place higher than me. Cheap headlocks won't beat me a second time, take that into consideration when you do your rankings LionsFan.

If Wilburn beats me by taking a shot next time I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he'll place higher than me. Cheap headlocks won't beat me a second time, take that into consideration when you do your rankings LionsFan.

Ahhh, the truth comes out. Go get em Brooke!

Getting out of a " cheap " headlock should be pretty affordable.  Losing to it, doesn't say a whole lot about defending it.  If it was badly thrown, it really should of been easily prevented or countered.  Haymakers and Hail Mary's win enough of the time to not be considered cheap. 

106 lbs.

1. Colten Handley Northeastern

2. Tyler Wilburn Milan

3. Nathan Flowers New Castle

4. Brooke Bunch Connersville

5. Brandon Purtha Hagerstown

6. Cainan Schaefer South Dearborn

7. Colten Sawyer Centerville

8. Randy Collyer Rushville

113 lbs.

1. Mike Weber Franklin County

2. CJ Corbett Shenandoah

3. Michael Deal Batesville

4. Blake Hillard Richmond

5. Cameron Coffman Union County

6. Zach Roszell Rushville

7. Brandon Miller Tri / Luke Markley Centerville

8. Zach Brown South Dearborn

120 lbs.

1. Alston Jenkinson Centerville

2. Trevor Lonneman Milan

3. Daniel McClurg Union County

4. Wes Craft Tri

5. Jesse Newton Lincoln

6. Gage Pace Franklin County

7. Adam Bundy Knightstown / Trenton Whitaker New Castle

8. Bailey Ford Rushville / John Moody Batesville

126 lbs.

1. Adam Oyler Lawrenceburg

2. Nathan Boggs South Dearborn

3. Tim Anderson New Castle

4. Isaiah Michaels Centerville

5. Cole Bowers Union County

6. Johnny Loos Franklin County / Nathan Hand Milan

7. Ryan Weireter Richmond

8. Nick Dargie Northeastern

132 lbs.

2. Dakota Tipton Centerville

3. Brad Broyles New Castle

4. Will O’Farrow Connersville

5. Ben Westerfield Batesville

6. Alston Bane Richmond

7. Phillip Orschell Franklin County

8. Drew Jessup Knightstown

138 lbs.

1. Austin Killion Centerville

2. Nathan Kell Eastern Hancock

3. Titus Twine Richmond

3. Dylan Kelly Shenandoah / Tyler Scholl Hagerstown

5. Mac Espedilla South Dearborn

6. Jacob Hendrickson Connersville

7. Colin Rodgers Milan / Matthew Fogg Rushville

145 lbs.

1. Christian Cox Hagerstown

2. Billy Decker New Castle

3. Dylan Gorman Tri

4. Jordan Vaught Shenandoah

5. Mitchel Burelison Centerville

6. Levi Oswald Union County

7. Daemon Lane South Dearborn

8. Jaykeb Thorp Rushville / Chris Schene Batesville

152 lbs.

1. Cody Steele Connersville

2. Brandon Manning South Dearborn

3. Chandler Hale Shenandoah

4. Johnny Luna New Castle

5. Ryan Hartman Northeastern

6. Dylan Mull Centerville

7. xavier King Batesville

8. Dillon Fowler Rushville

160 lbs.

1. Luke Decker New Castle

2. Caleb Day Connersville

3. Max Dole East Central

4. Neal Nobbe Batesville

5. Gustav Rihm Lincoln

6. Grant McLaughlin Rushville

7. Randy Jordan Centerville

8. Quest Schwab Northeastern

170 lbs.

1. Colton Gonzales Connersville

2. Spencer Sargent New Castle

3. Hunter Knopp Eastern Hancock

4. Amelio Aquino-Morales Union County

5. Will Amberger Batesville

6. Brennain Harper Knightstown

7. Joey Hale Centerville

8. Jakob Lambert Rushville

182 lbs.

1. Dylan Shirkey Connersville

2. Bryce Robinson Centerville

3. Jake Cavins Milan

4. Chris Flynn New Castle

5. Caleb Cook Tri

6. Devin Strait Union County

7. Walker Meckes Rushville

8. Chance Mosley Northeastern

195 lbs.

1. Garrett Hittle Rushville

2. Layne Harnishfeger Franklin County

3. Jarrett Hooten Batesville

4. Enrique Calderon Centerville

5. Ross Phillips New Castle

6. Mathew McFarland Milan

7. Kenny Delph Eastern Hancock

8. Roach Hagerstown

220 lbs.

1. Josh Ramage Eastern Hancock

2. Tristenn Miller Rushville

3. Zach Strub Batesville

4. Thompson Connersville

5. Parker Union County

6. Kendrick Kreider Richmond

7. Hubert Utt Tri

8. Cameron Deloney Centerville

285 lbs.

1. Nate Trawick Richmond

2. Matt Alamillo Shenandoah

3. Tim Selm Franklin County

4. Lucas Vaughn Blue River

5. Isaac Creigmile Centerville / Dakota Myers New Castle

6. Stefan Anderson Milan

7. Dylon Neff South Dearborn

8. Garrett Watkins Batesville / Nick Hornaday Rushville

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) 

SEEMS LIKE RC113 IS PROVING YOU WRONG THIS TIME BIGMAK

what did he prove me wong on? i have slept since then. :) RC better just be glad I like him. I could just text him but that wouldnt be any fun cause nobody else would see it lol

I think Bane will make it out of the regionals with a 2nd/3rd finish but I don't think hell make it out of the ticket round if he gets there at semi-state think this well be a really good learning year for him to set him up for a SuperSophomore year

I think Bane will make it out of the regionals with a 2nd/3rd finish but I don't think hell make it out of the ticket round if he gets there at semi-state think this well be a really good learning year for him to set him up for a SuperSophomore year

then how do you see 132 going from the guys listed?

132 lbs.

2. Dakota Tipton Centerville

3. Brad Broyles New Castle

4. Will O’Farrow Connersville

5. Ben Westerfield Batesville

6. Alston Bane Richmond

7. Phillip Orschell Franklin County

8. Drew Jessup Knightstown

1. Oyler

2. Tipton

3. O'farrow

4. Bane

5. Broyer

6. Westerfield

7. Orschell

8. Jessup

IMO

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.