Early Richmond Regionals?

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bane will dominate killion or Tipton neither one of them come close to wrestling the schedule Richmond does. Centerville only goes to meets where they can win. The best meet they go to is the Spartan classic. And bane is a middle school state champ and wrestled at fargo. I don't believe killion or Tipton wrestled at fargo or were at open mat all summer with bane the only Centerville kids at out were Phillips, Michaels, and Jenkinson.

Bane will dominate killion or Tipton neither one of them come close to wrestling the schedule Richmond does. Centerville only goes to meets where they can win. The best meet they go to is the Spartan classic. And bane is a middle school state champ and wrestled at fargo. I don't believe killion or Tipton wrestled at fargo or were at open mat all summer with bane the only Centerville kids at out were Phillips, Michaels, and Jenkinson.

That's pretty funny lmao.

First of all, Richmond cannot hang with Centerville in wrestling which is sad considering how much smaller Centerville is. Second, you must not have went to any Connersville open mats cause I saw not only the 3 guys you mentioned there but also killion, Tipton, Calderon, Robinson and others. Where Killion, Tipton and o'farrow like I said, along with gettinger and others would consistently wipe the floor with bane during live wrestling. Tipton and Killion both went to Iowa nationals in the offseason with coach ingalls along with numerous other tournaments. So talk about something you know.

Bigmak I have forgot more about wrestling you know. I been to way better meets this year then you Centerville guys go to. And I wrestled in h.s. did you?

Ok what that has to do with what we were discussing I don't know. Having anger issues?

That's pretty funny lmao.

First of all, Richmond cannot hang with Centerville in wrestling which is sad considering how much smaller Centerville is. Second, you must not have went to any Connersville open mats cause I saw not only the 3 guys you mentioned there but also killion, Tipton, Calderon, Robinson and others. Where Killion, Tipton and o'farrow like I said, along with gettinger and others would consistently wipe the floor with bane during live wrestling. Tipton and Killion both went to Iowa nationals in the offseason with coach ingalls along with numerous other tournaments. So talk about something you know.

After seeing Tipton this past weekend and seeing Bane last week, I think Bane wins by fall...Tipton is too out of control....he was up big against Tri and found himself on his back several times...I believe he ended up winning by fall, but when you do that against decent wrestlers, you don't get that second chance

We are talking wrestling. I have seen bane wrestle this. And I have seen Tipton wrestle and I seen killion before surgery. Bane has gotten a lot better then people think. Killion coming off surgery not goin be the same. Tipton is not as good as you make him out to be they do not wrestle high caliber schedules like Richmond does.

After seeing Tipton this past weekend and seeing Bane last week, I think Bane wins by fall...Tipton is too out of control....he was up big against Tri and found himself on his back several times...I believe he ended up winning by fall, but when you do that against decent wrestlers, you don't get that second chance

Now that's what I'm talking about. Real wrestling conversation and not overused cliches. Yes, you have a point there. He has been told many times about his out of control, sloppy type of wrestling. He has really bad habits with loading up on shots and leaving his elbows out. I still say Tipton beats bane. I'm not saying I'm willing to bet $ on it because of the sloppiness. I would put money on Killion over bane and bane knows he can't beat Killion. That's why I laughed at your saying bane dominates them. I honestly think O'farrow and batesville westerfeld could beat him. I would even say Isaiah michaels gives him a decent match.

106 lbs.

1. Colten Handley Northeastern

2. Brooke Bunch Connersville

3. Nathan Flowers New Castle

4. Tyler Wilburn Milan

5. Brandon Purtha Hagerstown

6. Cainan Schaefer South Dearborn

7. Colten Sawyer Centerville

8. Randy Collyer Rushville

113 lbs.

1. Mike Weber Franklin County

2. CJ Corbett Shenandoah

3. Michael Deal Batesville

4. Blake Hillard Richmond

5. Cameron Coffman Union County

6. Luke Markley Centerville

7. Brandon Miller Tri

8. Zach Brown South Dearborn

120 lbs.

1. Alston Jenkinson Centerville

2. Trevor Lonneman Milan

3. Daniel McClurg Union County

4. Wes Craft Tri

5. Jesse Newton Lincoln

6. Gage Pace Franklin County

7. Adam Bundy Knightstown / Trenton Whitaker New Castle

8. John Moody Batesville /Bailey Ford Rushville

126 lbs.

1. Adam Oyler Lawrenceburg

2. Nathan Boggs South Dearborn

3. Tim Anderson New Castle

4. Isaiah Michaels Centerville

5. Cole Bowers Union County

6. Johnny Loos Franklin County / Nathan Hand Milan

7. Ryan Weireter Richmond

8. #23 sectional

132 lbs.

1. Adam Oyler Lawrenceburg

2. Dakota Tipton Centerville

3. Brad Broyles New Castle

4. Will O’Farrow Connersville

5. Ben Westerfield Batesville

6. Alston Bane Richmond

7. Phillip Orschell Franklin County

8. Drew Jessup Knightstown

138 lbs.

1. Austin Killion Centerville

2. Jake Salatin East Central

3. Nathan Kell Eastern Hancock

4. Titus Twine Richmond

5. Dylan Kelly Shenandoah / Tyler Scholl Hagerstown

6. Mac Espedilla South Dearborn

7. Jacob Hendrickson Connersville

8. Colin Rodgers Milan / Matthew Fogg Rushville

145 lbs.

1. Christian Cox Hagerstown

2. Billy Decker New Castle

3. Dylan Gorman Tri

4. Mitchel Burelison Centerville

5. #24 sectional

6. Daemon Lane South Dearborn

7. Jaykeb Thorp Rushville

8. Chris Schene Batesville

152 lbs.

1. Cody Steele Connersville

2. Brandon Manning South Dearborn

3. Chandler Hale Shenandoah

4. Johnny Luna New Castle

5. Ryan Hartman Northeastern

6. #24 sectional

7. Dylan Mull Centerville

8. Dillon Fowler Rushville

160 lbs.

1. Luke Decker New Castle

2. Caleb Day Connersville

3. Max Dole East Central

4. Neal Nobbe Batesville

5. Gustav Rihm Lincoln

6. Randy Jordan Centerville

7. Quest Schwab Northeastern

8. Preston Bowling Rushville

170 lbs.

1. Colton Gonzales Connersville

2. Spencer Sargent New Castle

3. Hunter Knopp Eastern Hancock

4. Amelio Aquino-Morales Union County

5. Will Amberger Batesville

6. Brennain Harper Knightstown

7. Joey Hale Centerville

8. Jakob Lambert Rushville

182 lbs.

1. Dylan Shirkey Connersville

2. Bryce Robinson Centerville

3. Jake Cavins Milan

4. Chris Flynn New Castle

5. Caleb Cook Tri

6. #24 sectional

7. Walker Meckes Rushville

8. #23 sectional

195 lbs.

1. Garrett Hittle Rushville

2. Layne Harnishfeger Franklin County

3. Jarrett Hooten Batesville

4. Enrique Calderon Centerville

5. #23 sectional

6. Mathew McFarland Milan

7. #23 sectional

8. #23 sectional

220 lbs.

1. Josh Ramage Eastern Hancock

2. Tristenn Miller Rushville

3. Zach Strub Batesville

4. Thompson Connersville

5. #24 sectional

6. Kendrick Kreider Richmond

7. Hubert Utt Tri

8. Cameron Deloney Centerville

285 lbs.

1. Nate Trawick Richmond

2. Matt Alamillo Shenandoah

3. Tim Selm Franklin County

4. Lucas Vaughn Blue River

5. Isaac Creigmile Centerville / Dakota Myers New Castle

6. Stefan Anderson Milan

7. Dylon Neff South Dearborn

8. Garrett Watkins Batesville / Nick Hornaday Rushville

After looking a little closer at these, here is some more input.

106: Wilburn pinned Bunch earlier this season, no way she finished second in the regional.

113: Zach Roszell from Rushville beat Markley pretty soundly this past weekend.

120: Ford beat Moody this past weekend. Pace was a Regional champ last year. He will advance to SS

132: Westerfield beat O'Farrow in a good match. I think people are underestimating him. I like him to win 132.

138: I understand your bias and what you want, but I can't see Killion placing in the top three here. Maybe 4th, but missing this much of the season, its going to be hard

152: I don't think Steele will win. Manning has a fall over him, and I really like Hale.

160: Grant McLaughlin from Rushville pinned Jordan from Centerville, and Nobbe tech falled McLaughlin

170: Amberger looked pretty good this past weekend. I think he will surprise some people. I think he advances to SS

182: Cavins and Shirkey will be a good one, and will happen in the finals, both better than Robinson

Just some thoughts

After looking a little closer at these, here is some more input.

106: Wilburn pinned Bunch earlier this season, no way she finished second in the regional.

did not know that

113: Zach Roszell from Rushville beat Markley pretty soundly this past weekend.

was stuck at home this weekend and didnt see results for him

120: Ford beat Moody this past weekend. Pace was a Regional champ last year. He will advance to SS

120 this year is way tougher than 106 last year though and he was stuck in a spladle when the ref gave him the match. i get it was a legit pin but I still say newton wins that match more times than not

132: Westerfield beat O'Farrow in a good match. I think people are underestimating him. I like him to win 132.

I wouldnt be surprised, 132 is kinda wide open and any 1 of 5 guys could have that day

138: I understand your bias and what you want, but I can't see Killion placing in the top three here. Maybe 4th, but missing this much of the season, its going to be hard

ends up he isnt missing much. seems most the state missed a couple weeks due to weather. he is already back and will be wrestling this week. he has wins against everyone on that list except salatin, hasnt wrestled him before

152: I don't think Steele will win. Manning has a fall over him, and I really like Hale.

it was a close match and steele was cutting hard to get there. i think next time he has his weight under control and isnt weak and takes it more serious. but take nothing away from manning, the kid is good, runs in the genes lol

160: Grant McLaughlin from Rushville pinned Jordan from Centerville, and Nobbe tech falled McLaughlin

thanks for that info

170: Amberger looked pretty good this past weekend. I think he will surprise some people. I think he advances to SS

originally I had him 4th advancing. i just know aquino is putting in a ton of work. another very tough weigh class

182: Cavins and Shirkey will be a good one, and will happen in the finals, both better than Robinson

agree!

Just some thoughts

Btw I think Craft is very over rated. Bowers whooped him at regionals last year. IMO

Craft locked hands twice in that match. Which makes the score without those calls 3-2. I don't think that's "whooped". And Craft is at 126 right now. I was told he wants to go 20 for county, conference, and sectionals. He is talented.

Craft locked hands twice in that match. Which makes the score without those calls 3-2. I don't think that's "whooped". And Craft is at 126 right now. I was told he wants to go 20 for county, conference, and sectionals. He is talented.

Bowers is much improved this year. I don't think Craft would be able to keep it that close this year.

This will be the first and last time I comment about the Pace vs Newton match for regional championship in 2012/13. Everything below relates to Pace vs Newton match up specifically.

1st period:

Pace take down less then 10 seconds for 2

Pace turn Newton to back for 2

Pace turns Newton again for 3

End first period pace up 7-0

2nd period:

Pace choice, defers Newton chooses neutral. Pace shoots and Newton (changes strategy) catches the head inside, reaches for leg and bets the farm on a spladle. Pace caught in spladle for 3 backs 2 take down then pace gets out of sloppy spladle for reversal 2.

End of 2nd period Pace 9-5 Newton

3rd period:

Pace chooses neutral, shoots and again (I could not believe he let it happen again, but..) Newton catches in spladle, sloppy though, Pace has shoulder in great position and has Newtons leg wrapped causing Newton to over crank to make up for bad position. Newton has his own shoulder blades flat and ref called the pin for Pace. Newton was dominated the entire first period and bet the farm on the spladle the rest of the match, spladle was effective but sloppy and cost him.

End of 3rd period: Defensive fall.

I am not going to say Gage will not get caught in another spladle, but he knows what to do now and wont come easy. Newton probably learned his lesson from that match as well. I still think Gage was much better all around than Newton last year and Newton will have to work on all his positions to compete with him this year. I am biased, Gage is my kid, (but the video does not lie) watch it if you have or can get, and tell me it did not happen exactly as described. He beats Newton 4 out 5 matches in my opinion , but that is why they wrestle.

This will be the first and last time I comment about the Pace vs Newton match for regional championship in 2012/13. Everything below relates to Pace vs Newton match up specifically.

1st period:

Pace take down less then 10 seconds for 2

Pace turn Newton to back for 2

Pace turns Newton again for 3

End first period pace up 7-0

2nd period:

Pace choice, defers Newton chooses neutral. Pace shoots and Newton (changes strategy) catches the head inside, reaches for leg and bets the farm on a spladle. Pace caught in spladle for 3 backs 2 take down then pace gets out of sloppy spladle for reversal 2.

End of 2nd period Pace 9-5 Newton

3rd period:

Pace chooses neutral, shoots and again (I could not believe he let it happen again, but..) Newton catches in spladle, sloppy though, Pace has shoulder in great position and has Newtons leg wrapped causing Newton to over crank to make up for bad position. Newton has his own shoulder blades flat and ref called the pin for Pace. Newton was dominated the entire first period and bet the farm on the spladle the rest of the match, spladle was effective but sloppy and cost him. Coaches noticed the bad position and with little time left knew he was not in danger of being pinned and told him to relax. Newton was not going to let go of it and would only score 3 points for the backs and Pace would still be up 9-8 end of 3 period if the fall would not have been called. Lincoln coach could have told him to cut, but from that hold would have cost him 1 for sure as we all know, if not 2, and they bet the farm on being able to flatten Pace out, not going to happen with sloppy hold Newton had.

End of 3rd period: Defensive fall.

I am not going to say Gage will not get caught in another spladle, but he knows what to do now and wont come easy. Newton probably learned his lesson from that match as well. I still think Gage was much better all around than Newton last year and Newton will have to work on all his positions to compete with him this year. I am biased, Gage is my kid, (but the video does not lie) watch it if you have or can get, and tell me it did not happen exactly as described. He beats Newton 4 out 5 matches in my opinion , but that is why they wrestle.

hey i didnt mean to ruffle your feathers about it. It was a great match and I was shocked when the hand was raised. I wasnt on the mat so I didnt see it as clear as the ref or coaches. I know they are both good wrestlers and would love to see a rematch. either way, i have talked about that match more than I ever wanted to myself on here last year and verbally to people in the past year. Its done and over and new season and yes, thats why they wrestle the matches. good luck to both wrestlers on this season and as always, im sure I will be entertained by both at some point this season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.