Early Richmond Regionals?

ok really looked at the brackets and looked at each matchup and im not real happy with the results. i am biased for richmond regional guys and I still could not see many of them moving on. real tough matchups on paper so they need to go out and prove the numbers wrong. here are what i have come up with

only 5 will be going to state. its all about the draws and the matchups but here are my lucky 5 going to state:

dole as a 3 seed

decker as a 4 seed

gonzales as a 1 seed

hittle as a 2 seed

trawick someplace between 2-4 seed

the additional wrestlers actually placing top 8 after the above mentioned that are moving on are:

schaefer 7th

handley 8th

coffman 8th

anderson 5th

lonneman 7th

o'farrow/boggs 5th/6th or vise versa

loos 8th

bane 6th

cox 5th

ruberg 8th

hale 5th

manning 6th

hill 8th

aquino5th

robinson 6th

harper 8th

harnishfeger 7th

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just off the top of my head.

Schaefer

Coffman

loos

Rueberg

Bane

Hill

Dole

Gonzolez

Hittle

Harneshfeger

Selm

Trawick

Hard to see Selm having a "good" chance at getting to state. He has a good chance of getting to the ticket round, but then he MOST LIKELY will end up against Wes Bernard in the ticket round. Selm is a good wrestler, but IMO not good enough to defeat Bernard.

ok really looked at the brackets and looked at each matchup and im not real happy with the results. i am biased for richmond regional guys and I still could not see many of them moving on. real tough matchups on paper so they need to go out and prove the numbers wrong. here are what i have come up with

only 5 will be going to state. its all about the draws and the matchups but here are my lucky 5 going to state:

dole as a 3 seed

decker as a 4 seed

gonzales as a 1 seed

hittle as a 2 seed

trawick someplace between 2-4 seed

the additional wrestlers actually placing top 8 after the above mentioned that are moving on are:

schaefer 7th

handley 8th

coffman 8th

anderson 5th

lonneman 7th

o'farrow/boggs 5th/6th or vise versa

loos 8th

bane 6th

cox 5th

ruberg 8th

hale 5th

manning 6th

hill 8th

aquino5th

robinson 6th

harper 8th

harnishfeger 7th

I too looked at the brackets, who do you have Harnishfeger losing too? He has a great draw from just eyeballing it. I don't know (besides records) anything about the wreslters he must face.

I too looked at the brackets, who do you have Harnishfeger losing too? He has a great draw from just eyeballing it. I don't know (besides records) anything about the wreslters he must face.

Yea I like Selm. He is a good wrestler but I didn't even have him winning first round match. While his opponents record isn't that impressive at 24-10, he is from perry meridian so you know they are wrestling a real tough schedule as well as team state against top wrestlers. I do give Selm a chance in that match I just know it won't be easy but even then, Bernard in a ticket round is as bad as it can be. I really don't think anyone can touch Bernard this year.

Well, like I said it was just off the top of my head. If they have a match at semi state, then I think any of them have a chance. Go make your own luck young men. Anyone can win on any giving day. Prove the stat guys wrong and get as many out of this regional as possible! Just don't leave anything in refs hands except your wrist being raised after the match. Only listen to your coaches or people who have actually been wrestlers. All these other wannabe's have no clue what they are talking about and give their ramblings no weight.

After all the factors that cannot be controlled (officials, injury, a kids will to win, etc...) I'm pretty much over talking these predictions and what could have or should have been scenarios to death. It causes way to much stress on me and I can only imagine the stress it puts on these kids.

Wrestling is the sport I love and that will not change. I put on my singlet and had my battles, and those days are long over. I was never a talker, I just wrestled and gave it 100%. I am going to start focusing on what I can control. That pretty much comes down to being at the venue for my kids match's, paying for his gym membership (and everything else as usual LOL) and supporting him in any positive way I can to help him get better. I don't know where any of these 100+ post ever did any thing but waste my time. This is a great site for information, and discussion and I am sure I will visit it from time to time as a guest, but this is my final post.

Be blessed wrestlers. Don't be talkers, let your wrestling speak for itself. Be confidant, but never cocky. Train hard and put in the extra work and the wins will work themselves out and the losses will make you stronger.

Y2, please cancel my account after you read this post. Good luck to you Y2 and PS, only block post from people who are using profanity, or being just plain silly. Freedom of speech is for everyone!

Well, like I said it was just off the top of my head. If they have a match at semi state, then I think any of them have a chance. Go make your own luck young men. Anyone can win on any giving day. Prove the stat guys wrong and get as many out of this regional as possible! Just don't leave anything in refs hands except your wrist being raised after the match. Only listen to your coaches or people who have actually been wrestlers. All these other wannabe's have no clue what they are talking about and give their ramblings no weight.

After all the factors that cannot be controlled (officials, injury, a kids will to win, etc...) I'm pretty much over talking these predictions and what could have or should have been scenarios to death. It causes way to much stress on me and I can only imagine the stress it puts on these kids.

Wrestling is the sport I love and that will not change. I put on my singlet and had my battles, and those days are long over. I was never a talker, I just wrestled and gave it 100%. I am going to start focusing on what I can control. That pretty much comes down to being at the venue for my kids match's, paying for his gym membership (and everything else as usual LOL) and supporting him in any positive way I can to help him get better. I don't know where any of these 100+ post ever did any thing but waste my time. This is a great site for information, and discussion and I am sure I will visit it from time to time as a guest, but this is my final post.

Be blessed wrestlers. Don't be talkers, let your wrestling speak for itself. Be confidant, but never cocky. Train hard and put in the extra work and the wins will work themselves out and the losses will make you stronger.

Y2, please cancel my account after you read this post. Good luck to you Y2 and PS, only block post from people who are using profanity, or being just plain silly. Freedom of speech is for everyone!

well said bpace and respected. the board will miss you but i am thinking i am in the same boat. the crap they pulled on my son was just too much and his career is over. i loved talking wrestling and i knew i could get on here any time of the day and do that but after i saw a kid have his season and career cut short when it clearly should not have been, i think i am burnt on it.

OFFICIALS, i would love to show you the difference between what happened to my son (a kid putting his hand in my sons mouth and pressing hard enough to get teeth marks on the top), versus and actual bite (which would require 2 sets of teeth marks, one on top AND ON THE BOTTOM!)

Harnishfeger vs Wagner in the ticket round. Wagner finished 3rd at 182 last year at state.

sorry, just saw this. yea i have him winning first round easily but his ticket round draw is bad. he gets 7th ranked wagner who lost to rypel by just a point earlier this year. he lost 6-4 to 4th ranked moss at regionals. thats one tough 2 seed. again, anything can happen though. i cheering on my richmond regional guys anyway :)

Fatmanroller, tell your teammates, GREAT job at Regionals.  We were watching, via trackwrestling, and I am so proud of Dylan.  Took out what the #1 seed from Jeff? Awesome job.  Anything can happen on any given day. And as I see it wrestling is 95% mental. If you think you aren't going to win, you won't.  We will see what happens this weekend.  I look for a few upsets in the ticket round. I know the Richmond Regional guys have it in them to make it through.  But I'm not on the mat so it's convincing them they can do it. The draw is what it is. They all know who they have and I'm positive they know what they need to work on this week to get the job done. I'm thankful we have the extra help in the room this week and I know it'll show Saturday.

Fatmanroller, tell your teammates, GREAT job at Regionals.  We were watching, via trackwrestling, and I am so proud of Dylan.  Took out what the #1 seed from Jeff? Awesome job.  Anything can happen on any given day. And as I see it wrestling is 95% mental. If you think you aren't going to win, you won't.  We will see what happens this weekend.  I look for a few upsets in the ticket round. I know the Richmond Regional guys have it in them to make it through.  But I'm not on the mat so it's convincing them they can do it. The draw is what it is. They all know who they have and I'm positive they know what they need to work on this week to get the job done. I'm thankful we have the extra help in the room this week and I know it'll show Saturday.

We greatly appreciate the love MATCAT! It was quite a surprise (a pleasant one) to see Dylan beat the Jeffersonville sectional champ. Dylan showed that even though he is just a freshman and was a 4 seed, that anything can happen if you wrestle well. We didn't accomplish the goal of winning Regionals, but we can't be too disappointed in a 12 points differential from first place. Madison wrestled well all day and definitely deserved to win. Good luck to all Richmond wrestlers in semi-state. They will represent their respective teams and sectionals well!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.