Early Richmond Regionals?

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coffman lost to Deal from Batesville and Brown from SD. Coffman didn't look like the wrestler he was a year ago.

DIDNT WRESTLE HIGH SCHOOL  LAST YEAR.  WASNT 113 LAST YEAR. HES FINE NEEDS TO ADJUST AND NOT TRY PINNING THROUGHS HASNT REALLY TAKEN IT SERIOUS, YET. WOULD HAVE BEAT BOTH OF THEM IF HE JUST POINT WRESTLE INSTEAD OF PINS.  LET SEE WHAT HAPPENS AT SEC. & REG. I THINK WE ALL KNOW HIS POTENTIAL.

DIDNT WRESTLE HIGH SCHOOL  LAST YEAR.  WASNT 113 LAST YEAR. HES FINE NEEDS TO ADJUST AND NOT TRY PINNING THROUGHS HASNT REALLY TAKEN IT SERIOUS, YET. WOULD HAVE BEAT BOTH OF THEM IF HE JUST POINT WRESTLE INSTEAD OF PINS.  LET SEE WHAT HAPPENS AT SEC. & REG. I THINK WE ALL KNOW HIS POTENTIAL.

I know he didn't wrestle last year, I watched him wrestle in middle school and through the summer! He has a lot of potential! I just know he is better then what he showed Saturday.

have seen many times a successful middle school / junior high wrestler come in as a freshman expecting the same success but then get shocked when they are wrestling juniors and seniors that have a lot more experience. Even if the younger has about the same level experience, trying to match up strength with a 17 year old versus a freshman is quite a bit of a difference too. im sure cam will be fine. its just a big adjustment at that grade/age/level. i have seen him myself working in the offseason with older guys and other clubs. he puts in the work, the rest will come.

what did cavins wrestle yesterday and who beat him?

Hittle bumped up and beat him 13-2....Hooten from Batesville eat him as well...maybe 7-1?? Guessing on that score though, but I know Hooten won.

Oyler and Westerfield was a good match...Lawrenceburg only had 8 kids, but the 8 that they had were tough!

"170 Will Amberger Batesville... Semi-State Qualifier in 2012, he loss to Regional Champ Gonzales in OT. He placed 4th at regionals but didn't wrestle the 3rd place match due to injury."

This does not make any since at all, please explain

Amberger wrestled Gonzales in round 2 at Sectional, losing in OT.  Amberger then got injured in his next match (which he won), and did not wrestle the 3/4 match, thus finishing 4th.  Amberger was replaced at Regional by Orschell from FC due to the injury.

Make sense?  :)

Amberger and Gonzales faced each other at the rushville 5-way last year not sectionals. Amberger lost to Hedger at sectionals and got injured later in the day and didn't wrestle the 3rd place match which was against Hittle. When I said Amberger placed 4th in regionals I meant sectionals.

just saw where cardinal ritters ethan briggeman bumped up to wrestle shenandoahs chandler hale and won. I know at spartan classic, briggeman beat Richmonds bane, then got majored by connersvilles o'farrow, then lost a close one to Bane for third. That was at 132...so does that mean Hale is wrestling 138? I know earlier he was 152 and during football looked bigger than that but cant find anything on him being 145 or 138 so this artical has me confused since it doesnt specify a weight. Hale is ranked at NCSS at 152 and sure Briggeman didnt bump that far...???

http://gocardinalritter.org/2014/01/05/raider-wrestling-wins-the-snowed-out-classic/

never argue with a stat guy ;)

LOL  Thanks, Mak!

Since my kid wrestled last year (for EC), I kept everything (Sectional, Regional, Semi State) and tracked a lot of the results.

Wish I could get paid for doing this stat stuff!  ;D

just saw where cardinal ritters ethan briggeman bumped up to wrestle shenandoahs chandler hale and won. I know at spartan classic, briggeman beat Richmonds bane, then got majored by connersvilles o'farrow, then lost a close one to Bane for third. That was at 132...so does that mean Hale is wrestling 138? I know earlier he was 152 and during football looked bigger than that but cant find anything on him being 145 or 138 so this artical has me confused since it doesnt specify a weight. Hale is ranked at NCSS at 152 and sure Briggeman didnt bump that far...???

http://gocardinalritter.org/2014/01/05/raider-wrestling-wins-the-snowed-out-classic/

Hale wrestled 152 at the EC 8 Way on 12/21 (weighed 150).  Can't imagine that he dropped to 38.  But don't know for sure.....

LOL  Thanks, Mak!

Since my kid wrestled last year (for EC), I kept everything (Sectional, Regional, Semi State) and tracked a lot of the results.

Wish I could get paid for doing this stat stuff!  ;D

not to mention your kid was right in the mix with these same guys if Im not mistaken so Im sure its all imbedded in your brain lol. thats how it is with my kid

not to mention your kid was right in the mix with these same guys if Im not mistaken so Im sure its all imbedded in your brain lol. thats how it is with my kid

Yeah.  Followed them all, but since he wrestled 60 most of the year and then dropped to 52, I paid special attention to 45, 52, and 60 (Dole, Gramman, Bischoff).

Yeah.  Followed them all, but since he wrestled 60 most of the year and then dropped to 52, I paid special attention to 45, 52, and 60 (Dole, Gramman, Bischoff).

dole is killing it this year...congrats on him recently getting state ranked. great for your program there to be noticed. good kid too.

dole is killing it this year...congrats on him recently getting state ranked. great for your program there to be noticed. good kid too.

Yeah, we lost the majority of our team (hence our 12-13 team dual record versus 21-4 at this time last year), but Max is doing well.  He spends a lot of time helping our younger wrestlers, too.  Hopefully that will show in the years to come!

If Hale is going down to 138 as well as Cox, ought to make it interesting -- Manning, I believe, is wrestling up for competition. I think weighed in at 142 on his way down as well.

if hale and manning both go 138, i see that as the championship match.

i just dont see hale cutting that much for sure. they both cut last year to wrestle 145 so I dont see either one going 138 a year later when they are bigger than they were this time last year. i think it will be nice matches to see hale vs manning part 2 (hale won last year at regionals) at 145 and cox vs killion part 4 at 138

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.