Best Wrestler To Never Qualify for State?

I would throw out Chase Carroll. He won multiple national titles in schoolboy to include undefeated at schoolboy duals. He beat guys that went on to win 2 and 3 state titles from Wisconsin, Ohio, and Michigan. He wrestled at Anderson Highland and was a 4 year varsity football player. He won the Eli Lilly endowment and went on to Butler. He is now in his residency as a doctor. Total class kid. I know one tough break was Walpole in ticket round.

I will second Jade McCammon from Sullivan.  He was an outstanding Greco wrestler who placed as a cadet and junior.  4 tough years at Semistate.

I will also mention Mike Lehman from Carmel.  He was a freestyle national champ as a cadet, pinning/teching his way through the tournament.  At a higher weight, he had upperclassmen in his way, then knee problems kept him out as a junior and senior.  He was a beast with solid technique.

• 2 weeks later...

May not have been the best to not qualify but definitely a quality kid that did not make it.

Josh Lovejoy FWBL class of 2001, oldest of the Lovejoy brothers.

Career:

125 wins

2x Regional Champ

3x SSQ

3 losses in the SS ticket round.

Senior season

Ranked 3rd

2nd at Al Smith

39-1 record heading into the ticket round

Jade lost to Macke (Mater Dei), Coughlin (Mater Dei), Joel Jeffries (Martinsville), and Joe Lehman (Mater Dei) all in the ticket round! 

He placed 7th at Fargo as a Cadet Freestyle, and placed 4th as a Junior for Greco!

Joe Arthur was a nat champ but was in a very stacked evansville semi state!  All 4 placers from evansville placed at state!

Adam Thompson Franklin County. Entered semi-state as a junior and senior unbeaten only to loose in the ticket round both years to Stephen James from Pike. I believe he was a 4 time semi-state qualifier and might have made the ticket round all 4 years.

It goes back a ways, but my choice is Antoine Neal from Lawrence North.

Yeah, too bad Valpo at Thanksgiving wasn't semi-state.  He would have qualified for state every year with his big wins there.

Zach Adams - Madison - 4x ticket rounder. Had state champ his jr year and lost a 1 or 2 pt dec to state runner up his senior yr.

gotta agree with this one.......he was a tuff hardnosed kid......i think he was a state triple crown winner once a few years back.....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.