Wrestler passes away, Rip - Hunter Mcdaniels

Mat Medic

It is with a heavy and sad heart that I must inform the wrestling community that Hunter McDaniel, an incoming freshman at Tecumseh High School has passed away. Hunter was killed on Saturday in a dirt bike accident. Hunter was a great kid and was always the joker of the group. If you were ever down and he was around you, he would have you laughing in no time and you would forget what you were down about. 

Hunter wrestled at Boonville, until he moved to the Lynnville area and then attended Tecumseh Middle School. Hunter was a great wrestler and would have been a big surprise this year to many people.

The Boonville Wrestling program, coaches, wrestlers and parents, wish to send condolences to Hunters parents, Tom and Paula and his big brother Triston. If you need anything all you have to do is call and it will be taken care of by one of us.

We also would like to send condolences to Tecumseh Head Coach Aaron Chambers. you are a great coach, and have done a fantastic job with the Tecumseh program, you have dug in and gave the program new life, and one of the reasons is you care about kids, the Boonville program is there for you and will assist with anything that you need.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Finally, I would like to say:  God Speed Hunter, you will be missed by many people in Warrick County, you touched many lives and were a great kid to be around. Rest In Peace.

Coach Marchand, Coach Wilke, Coach Sieler, Coach Derosette and the entire BOONVILLE WRESTLING PROGRAM.

Our thoughts are with the McDaniel's family.  Hunter was a partner with my son at many of the Red Cobra camps that were put on when they were younger.  He was a great kid and we certainly enjoyed the company of their family on our trips to TN AAU duals together. 

I only had one year to coach Hunter in both football and wrestling. Although I knew who Hunter was in a vague sort of way from local IWSA tournaments before he moved to Tecumseh the last year gave me a chance to get to know him better. Hunter was always upbeat and a pleasure to be around. His lopsided smile he would alway give you could brighten your day while making you  wonder what it was that he had just gotten away with. I knew that Hunter was a great all around athlete but the show of love and support the community has shown in this trying time for his family confirmed  in my mind that Hunter was also a great all around person as well.

I want to thank Coach Marchand, Coach Wilke, Coach Sieler, Coach Derosette and the entire Boonville wrestling program for coming together with the Tecumseh wrestling program to honor Hunter during the last two days. Hunters visitation was from scheduled from 1-8pm Wednesday and 9-1030 today. Wednesday night ran late due to the thousands of people who turned out to show their support. The line quickly grew to circle the gym three times and stayed that way most of the day. The visitation was extended to 9:30. The Tecumseh and Boonville wrestling teams preformed an honor guard during the visitation to show our support to the family. Tecumseh had a wrestling on one side of the family and Boonville on the other side to show our love and support. Each wrestler stood a 30 minute watch. Although it was hard on them the wrestlers were quick to volunteer for the duty and several wanted to take more than one shift.

Coach Chambers,

I would like to thank you for several things. First of all for letting The Boonville Wrestling Program participate in honoring and saying good-bye to Hunter. When this tragedy happened, I had so many of our wrestlers text me and call wanting to do something for Hunter, Our boys jumped at the chance to stand guard for Hunter.

I also want to thank you for the way you and your team treated our boys. The Tecumseh Wrestlers and yourself, were kind and made all of our boys feel at home. I had many of them state that it is like we were one team.  Which in my opinion we were, because we had one goal honoring Hunter and saying good-bye.

Thanks for everything, our prayers and support are with you and especially Tom, Paula, Tristan and Jake, if there is anything you need, don't hesitate to call.

Coach marchand

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.