these singlets are great...

Drooke

Haha. They are definitely not going for the more classic style.

While some of the singlets go for the comedy or extreme look, I'm not sure that a state has go that far to have a nice looking singlet set.

Though I'm not sure on cost efficiency on a more detailed design, I wouldn't mind seeing a Indiana singlets showing two different aspects of our state.  Sure we don't have quite as many famous items or landmarks as a few other states but their are some elements that someone could get creative with if they had the design skills.

• One singlet highlighting the Historic past and another more modern features/landmarks. 
  • One having a more country scene and another a more industrial scene.
  • A singlets that play off of the historic Greetings From Indiana scenic postcards with drawn pictures of famous state images
  • A more military inspired design with depictions of the USS Indianapolis, Soldiers and Sailors Monument, etc. 
  • A solid color singlet but with multiple symbols of our state as faded background images (as a slightly darker or lighter shading of that color).
  • A singlet that plays off of the name Indiana like having a Indiana Jones type scene.
  • A singlet that shows a famous pictorial scene of an Indiana Icon or their work (if need be a little more shadowing or modification to be less specific and avoid any copyright argument though that doesn't stop other teams).
  • If we must go the more comic route, make one more serious scene of Indiana's rural lifestyle and then a second goofy cartooned singlet which mirror the first one.  Or a 1950's looking "Hoosier" style basketball player being thrown for five on his backyard dirt b-ball court.

I wonder what they had to do to get the rights to use those films. Unless its some sort of creative commons thing. I know nothing about how any of that works

They would have to purchase rights.  Neither of those films are public domain yet.  The cost varies usually based on the success of the film or the company that produced it.  Disney tends to be the most expensive.  I work at Arizona State University and just to screen a movie on campus costs $500.00+ for rights.  Occasionally we can dodge the cost if it is for an academic purpose- tenants of academic freedom. 

The singlets are really getting out of hand.  They are by rule to be predominately red or blue. I had several discussions in Fargo with USAW staff and several state leaders to express the importance of this rule. Although the singlets are nice it is getting difficult to determine who is who.

I will say I love New York's singlets. They have a photo of Olympic Gold Medalist Jeff Blatnick who was the NY state chairman and sadly passed away last year. The photo is of Jeff receiving his gold medal in 1984. An awesome tribute to a really great person!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.