FARGO U.S. NATIONALS

MattM

For those of you who have never made the trip to Fargo, I copied this from a post on themat.com. It pretty much illustrates my opinion of Fargo....

North Dakota is a tourist mecca. . . . there is a nature preserve you can drive your car thru. . . . . and observe the 2 or 3 sparrows that survived the previous freekin winter. . . occasionally, with the right amount of rain, the fargo dome will fill up to about 6 or 7 feet deep, that's kinda cool. . . . and, if you go thru Minnesota to get there, the mosquito's are incredible to study at the rest stops, when seven hundred of them gorge themselves on your right arm. . . priceless.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the first year the tournament was in Fargo 93 or 94, I can't remember all that fun runs together...we asked someone at NDSU if there was a good Italian Restaurant in town. She gave us directions and when we arrived  it didn't look too promising.  When we ordered our salad I asked for Italian dressing. The waitress informed me they didn't have "Eyetalian dressing". I asked her to go back to the kitchen and ask if they had olive oil and vinegar. She told me they did....I replied "then you have Eyetalian dressing" We ordered wine and she came back to inform us that they could not get the wine out of the box. "You mean the crate" I replied. She said "No, the box. We can't get the spout to come out of the wine box"

100% true story!

definitely not a smart move by the coach but i'm sure it was also not intentional in any way to harm the kids.....sounds like a serious lapse in judgement that he surely regrets and needs to learn from.......i'm not condoning this in any way but we all make mistakes that we look back on and wonder what the hell we were thinking.......i feel that it needs to be looked at from the perspective of did he just make the kids do something that resulted in unintentional minor injuries or did he actually place them in danger when it comes to the penalty that is handed down to him......he needs to be reprimanded but it needs to be kept in perspective......

definitely not a smart move by the coach but i'm sure it was also not intentional in any way to harm the kids.....sounds like a serious lapse in judgement that he surely regrets and needs to learn from.......i'm not condoning this in any way but we all make mistakes that we look back on and wonder what the hell we were thinking.......i feel that it needs to be looked at from the perspective of did he just make the kids do something that resulted in unintentional minor injuries or did he actually place them in danger when it comes to the penalty that is handed down to him......he needs to be reprimanded but it needs to be kept in perspective......

After a similar thing happened to a track team in Indiana this spring how does this coach not have an awareness of why you would not do that?

You know I'm a forgiving guy, and no, no kid died from the incident, but at the same time it had been in the high 90's all day. The coaches told the kids early in the day they would lose 3 pounds just from the warm up they were going to do. So the coach was aware of the heat that was going on. To then take the kids out and have them do anything ON THE ASPHALT was idiotic at best don't you agree?

You know I'm a forgiving guy, and no, no kid died from the incident, but at the same time it had been in the high 90's all day. The coaches told the kids early in the day they would lose 3 pounds just from the warm up they were going to do. So the coach was aware of the heat that was going on. To then take the kids out and have them do anything ON THE ASPHALT was idiotic at best don't you agree?

I agree. I just think it will be swept under the rug though due to coaches credentials. To me, it's shouldn't matter who it was or their accomplishments. I don't care if it was the best coach in the state or the worst, if he is white, black or red. At the national level, in Fargo, it's not acceptable.

Corsaro just beat #1 ranked Chavez 5-3

what rankings show chavez number one? just curious cause I cant find it and looked at intermat as well as AWN. still is a huge win though and keep it going...thanks for updates everyone

Huge win!

Mega Huge win for Corsero, Chavez won FILA Nationals in both styles and just won Fargo Junior Greco too.

Some are saying 152 is the deepest weight class so he would have top a few more major studs to win it all. Sounds like he is ready for that one based on this win. 

what rankings show chavez number one? just curious cause I cant find it and looked at intermat as well as AWN. still is a huge win though and keep it going...thanks for updates everyone

Flo, which updates a little more frequently over the summer events.  Corsero is 12th on their board. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.