• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cadet Freestyle All-Americans

Nick Lee

Dylan Lydy

Randy Scott

Shawn Streck

CJ Red got a raw deal when three went out the same round and he defeated the other two.  But the rules are when three or more go out they go to classification points and he didn't get enough pins/techs.

even more reason to cheer wes on...coon #1 in the country and already beat donte winfield...keeping fingers crossed

The Irish 2 Big Guns still rolling and both are 4-0 Vinny has been impressive beating some quality opponents, and Wes has yet to be scored on with 2 falls and 2 TF's...Keep the Guns Blazzin Boys!

I heard a coach had a serious lapse in judgment that led to some minor injuries.

Here is a couple of pics. hand.jpg was one day after the training incident on the left hand and hand1.jpg was from two days after on the right hand. My understanding was parking lot training early evening.

http://www.lamamoto.com/hand.jpg

http://www.lamamoto.com/hand1.jpg

training session that took place on the day before competition....

A coach had a serious lapse in judgment that led to some minor injuries.

One day after the training incident on the left hand and hand1.jpg was from two days after on the right hand. My understanding was parking lot training early evening.

http://www.lamamoto.com/hand.jpg

http://www.lamamoto.com/hand1.jpg

???  :o  ???

Before this goes too far, I know that the proper people know of the situation and are handling it according to the procedures outlined in the ISWA and USAW by-laws. The ISWA president and vice president are out there and immediately took action when this occurred.

I'm lost. Without giving names, what happened? Since it being taken care of properly, I'm sure it's not too big a deal to at least describe in vague what the situation was. Just curious. Thanks.

Just a quick FYI as a parent of one of the boys I was only made aware of the situation by my son. No one from ISWA or the coaching staff contacted me about the "situation" before I got to, while I was at, or since I have returned from Fargo.

Another couple of classic "we don't want to spread any rumors" posts that actually make the rumors worse by not specifying what allegedly happened.  Why even bring it up in the first place?

I brought It up because I did hear it from one person (and wanted to verify it)....then heard it from another...then I heard more info that substantiated the "rumor".  It is serious enough that I would not want the coach representing any ISWA sanctioned team or trusting that individual with my child...while it does appear a bit vague....I wanted to make sure it isn't going to get swept under the rug....and from Y2's posts and others that have message me it doesn't appear it will be.

Just a quick FYI as a parent of one of the boys I was only made aware of the situation by my son. No one from ISWA or the coaching staff contacted me about the "situation" before I got to, while I was at, or since I have returned from Fargo.

Iamamoto...I was surprised to read that because I am sure several of the parents were contacted by the staff in regards to this matter in an apology.

Iamamoto...I was surprised to read that because I am sure several of the parents were contacted by the staff in regards to this matter in an apology.

Yep, no contact at all from the coaching staff, team leader or the ISWA. My son is an incoming freshman and complains very little when it comes to a coach or staff of a wrestling team. Maybe they just missed us, maybe they didn't even know he had the injuries. I know they had my home number, cell number and email address. You have seen the pictures I posted, to explain what I was told by my son, the boys had completed their regular practices for the day and were going to go on a short team run. The temperature had been in the 90's all day, while one coach was supposed to lead them in the run something happened and he did not take them. Another coach took the team out for a run and stopped in a parking lot where the boys were told to do push ups, wheel barrel runs and bear crawls among other things on the hot asphalt. When I got to the Fargo Dome to watch the competition I observed several boys on the team with tape on their hands to cover the blisters on their hands. No rumors coming from me this is what I was told directly by more than one of the boys and observed with my own two eyes.

Yep, no contact at all from the coaching staff, team leader or the ISWA. My son is an incoming freshman and complains very little when it comes to a coach or staff of a wrestling team. Maybe they just missed us, maybe they didn't even know he had the injuries. I know they had my home number, cell number and email address. You have seen the pictures I posted, to explain what I was told by my son, the boys had completed their regular practices for the day and were going to go on a short team run. The temperature had been in the 90's all day, while one coach was supposed to lead them in the run something happened and he did not take them. Another coach took the team out for a run and stopped in a parking lot where the boys were told to do push ups, wheel barrel runs and bear crawls among other things on the hot asphalt. When I got to the Fargo Dome to watch the competition I observed several boys on the team with tape on their hands to cover the blisters on their hands. No rumors coming from me this is what I was told directly by more than one of the boys and observed with my own two eyes.

That is ridiculous and an embarrassment to our state. Someone should be reprimanded for this big time. I'm sure the people involved knew better being at this level so it's more than an accident, it's poor judgement and total lack of responsibility. Smh

Quick update I just received a call from Mike McCarthy with an explanation and an apology. We were missed because our son is quiet and didn't complain. Thanks to Mike and the coaching staff that put in the time and work to get this team to Fargo and all the extra they have to do while there! One coaches stupid move should not make us condemn the entire coaching staff these guys bust their tails so our kids can compete at this level!

Quick update I just received a call from Mike McCarthy with an explanation and an apology. We were missed because our son is quiet and didn't complain. Thanks to Mike and the coaching staff that put in the time and work to get this team to Fargo and all the extra they have to do while there! One coaches stupid move should not make us condemn the entire coaching staff these guys bust their tails so our kids can compete at this level!

Believe me...my intent was not to condemn the entire staff at all...it was a direct inquiry towards one coach in particular....at this level the staff should be able to trust one another to make responsible decisions.  Without a doubt I believe the rest of the staff and others were disgusted by the behavior exhibited. 

Back on topic we have four Cadet All-Americans

Dylan Lydy, Shawn Streck, Nick Lee and Randy Scott

Seven Juniors are still alive after a brutal day

Mitch Sliga, Big Wes Bernard, Vinny "the Jersey shore" Corsaro, Riley "the best" Lefever, Fletcher Miller, Connor Tolley and Chase "I'm no" Hack

Today's sessions are as follows

9am-1pm- Juniors and Cadets

2pm-5pm- Cadet Finals

6pm-8pm- Juniors

Back on topic we have four Cadet All-Americans

Dylan Lydy, Shawn Streck, Nick Lee and Randy Scott

Seven Juniors are still alive after a brutal day

Mitch Sliga, Big Wes Bernard, Vinny "the Jersey shore" Corsaro, Riley "the best" Lefever, Fletcher Miller, Connor Tolley and Chase "I'm no" Hack

Today's sessions are as follows

9am-1pm- Juniors and Cadets

2pm-5pm- Cadet Finals

6pm-8pm- Juniors

Come on no nick names for Miller, Tolley and Sliga?

How about Mitch "One for the Thumb" Sliga?  Or at minimum just Sliga (one name says it all)

After all, he is going for an Indiana record 5th Fargo title (5 titles maybe a tie - not sure).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.