best wrestler to not win state

bigmak

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought vlahos went to purdue? Is he still there?

The last that I ever heard was that he went to Purdue and then transferred to I believe St. Joe or some small school like that and was then going back to Purdue.  Then he dropped out of the wrestling scene.  I loved watching him wrestle and he and Marty (his Dad) were really good people.  Being best friends with Tyler Willis' Dad made it a tough semi final match for me to watch a couple of years ago.

Cam is still at Purdue studying to be a dentist, shoulder issues have kept him off the mat don't know if he will try it again or not. I work with his dad.

His brother in law is my dentist (Dr. Bailey in Avon). Does a good job on my chicklets. He will have a hook up when he finishes school.

I know this is supposed to be recent, but Jon McClain from Webo was and still is a beast. He has to be in the conversation. He came up just short a few times.

Aaron Stevenson seemed like he alway got hurt at bad times and still don't know what happened to him in that finals match that year. Alex weinzy EMD 4 time qualifier? Placed 3 times? Runner up to cash his senior year. As far as exciting match how about the Cody Johnson Pat Day 215 final in 06 I think it was

There was a really good kid from Warren around '99-'00 named Campbell.  I don't think he ever won a title.  I think he lost to Steven Bradley in the finals and maybe to the youngest Lavell another year?  Anyone help out on this?

Holden

Your thinking of William Campbell from Warren.  I know he lost to Bradley in 1998 finals, then lost again in the finals the following year to someone else.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.