Fort Wayne semi state rankings

boomer

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ranked Omar ahead of Johnson because  he won their last meeting, I did some checking and according to both wrestler's, Salmon has never beaten Omar. ..As for Neeley /Langeloh I witness Neeley defeat Langeloh at Columbia City this off season..I know it's just offseason but it was not close.

I ranked Omar ahead of Johnson because  he won their last meeting, I did some checking and according to both wrestler's, Salmon has never beaten Omar. ..As for Neeley /Langeloh I witness Neeley defeat Langeloh at Columbia City this off season..I know it's just offseason but it was not close.

Of course Salmon beat Tieshawn Johnson in the ticket round to go to state also.  Omar also has never beaten Bo Davis either and Salmon is 1-1 against him.  So if you are going by your own logic ::) it would be 1. Davis 2. Omar the great 3. Salmon 4. Johnson.  Well then you need to add Corey Rickman who was 2-1 against Davis last year to the mix also.

Didn't this Neely fella lose a couple times at the Carroll tournament? Might want to knock him down a few spots and insert the kids that beat him.

Coy over both Knapp and Miller is off base also. Both have placed in the top four in the state and Coy got majored by Pepple last year who is equal to both Knapp and Miller.

Perry Meridan is a pretty good team but they are in the New Castle Semi State.

Ahh, it wouldn't be a true "insider party" without Mr. Wisejan making an appearence!  Maybe we can get some Hobbit references going.  C'mon, it'll be fun and it makes for fascinating reading!

Well to be clear that Neeley kid has only lost to Weimer  5-3 and 9-13 in some very entertaining matches, and Franklin twice and Tyler Flood at Iswa State all year(Neeley placed 7th). He has a brother maybe you were watching him.  I've been to practice most recently and saw Omar and Davis wrestle ..Omar get's the nod.  I also saw the match where Davis beat Omar in person. Salmon and Omar where in the same club earlier during the spring and I can say with very little discernment that Omar get's the nod.  Besides all that, he passes the eye test.  I've seen his commitment up close (I know hard work when I see it) I've seen lesser wrestlers dominate the area.  Just cause you don't know who a person is doesn't mean they won't make noise.  Besides I reiterate this is my sole opinion and It's just July a long way until November 22 :)

look for tiewshawn johnson to make some big waves this year.......he and tony vaughn from elkhart memorial have been putting in many hours wrestling with penn at their rtc's and went to the disney duals in the all star division with them......both wrestled well and had some big wins (and losses) against some tough competition.......they have also been taking advantage of the wrestlers edge program at ROCKSTAR GYM......they have put the hours in both wrestling and weight training and are continuing it over the summer and fall leading up to the new season......i see them both as legitimate shots to make it to state this year......another kid that i see missing is jay franko from jimtown......tieshawn and tony have been spending tuesdays at jimtown practicing and jay is also looking very good.......

Well to be clear that Neeley kid has only lost to Weimer  5-3 and 9-13 in some very entertaining matches, and Franklin twice and Tyler Flood at Iswa State all year(Neeley placed 7th). He has a brother maybe you were watching him. 

It was Tony Flood, not Tyler.  Cadet 100lbs wasn't exactly a stacked weight class.

I've been to practice most recently and saw Omar and Davis wrestle ..Omar get's the nod.  I also saw the match where Davis beat Omar in person.

So the result of a live match doesn't matter? Practice is just that, PRACTICE.

Salmon and Omar where in the same club earlier during the spring and I can say with very little discernment that Omar get's the nod. 

Again...PRACTICE, Salmon has wrestled at BLF, Omar hasn't even wrestled in the Carroll Fieldhouse.

Besides all that, he passes the eye test. 

What eye test? The one where he looks like he should be on the basketball court?

I've seen his commitment up close (I know hard work when I see it) I've seen lesser wrestlers dominate the area. 

And no other wrestler has commitment?

Just cause you don't know who a person is doesn't mean they won't make noise. 

Very few wrestlers will slip under my radar, if they are good enough I will hear about them. I have quite a few friends in some low places that will give me heads up on wrestlers in the area.

Hildebrandt, Flood, Conrath, Weimer , Franklin not stacked? I bet they all are on your preseason rankings. Now as for the Basketball comment: seems racial motivated. Not all 6'5" black kids are basketball players. I'm glad he hasn't listened to that crap cause I personally think he is on the verge.  Secondly Mr. Facts: Omar went to semi-state as a sophomore. Had to go thru Carroll to get there. Wrestled Sadilek from Carroll at 220 giving up 25 lbs  and was victorious at Northfield(March3rd to help u). He Wrestled Bryce Hager giving up 70lbs and Everett Green(Regional Champion) at Carroll March 10th Beating both. Did your "insider" tell u that? U better ask around buddy. I'm sure Sadilek and Hager will be ranked and they are up 1 and 2 weights.  He won a few matches at USA Nationals against top level comp. Better yet don't rank him...It won't stop him...Rankings don't win matches.

P.S. if I'm so far off will somebody enlighten me and make your own prodnostications

106:1.Blake Glogouski _Fairfield

2.Nathan Wiemer- East Noble

3.Jack Franklin -Homestead

4.Tehran Neeley-Wayne

5.Davenport- Oak Hill

6.Hunter Langeloh-Columbia City

113:1.Garrett Pepple-East Noble

2.Hayden Lee-Garrett

3.McCormick-Yorktown

4.Cauffman-Carroll

5.Rashaam Hill-Wayne

6.Dustin Smiley-Northrop

120:1.Sage Coy-Muncie Southside

2.Conner Knapp-East Noble

3.Sawyer Miller- South Adams

4.Logan Aldrich-Northrop

5.Kobe Raypole-Carroll

6.Daniel Gunsett- Bellmont

126. 1.Forrest Glogouski-Fairfield

2.Erique Early-Snider

3.Chase Wilson-Maconaquah

4. Sterling Lutter-East Noble

5.Shaun Snyder-Woodlan

6.Ryan Fawcett-Leo

132.  1.Tanner Shipley- Huntington North

2.  Bobby Humphrey-Snider

3.Kegan Kern-Peru

4. Chase Downing-Churubusco

5. ClaytonMoore-Manchester

6. Logan Campbell -Yorktown

138.  1.Zach Krumlaf-Dekalb

2.Jacob Weimer-East Noble

3Curtis-Oak Hill

4 Derek Ellinger-Adams Central

5.BoazMarbach-South Adams

6. Bryce Woenker-Northrop

145.    1. Evan Loe-Peru

2.  Hyndeman-Central Noble

3.  Tylor Willms- Fremont

4.  Alex Arney- Carroll

5.  Austin Bauer-Angola

6.  Logan Williams -Dekalb

152.    1.Chandler Carroll-Yortown

2. Kyle Jolas-Huntington North

3, Aaron Eicher-Leo

4. Luke Liter- Adam Central

5. Tristan Wilson -Carroll

6.  Chad Gaddis-Kokomo

160.      1.  Rhett Hiestand-Yorktown

2.Kaine Luginbill, Adams Central

3. Jesse Maley-East Noble

4. Logan Sarber-Taylor

5. Morgan Crosby-Fairfield

6. Joshua Singleton-Wayne

170.      1. Shaun Johnson- Wayne

2. Keair  Ross- Kokomo

3.Luke Akers Northwestern

4. Hunter Hiestand-Yorktown

5. Luis Chacon-New Haven

6.  Grant Gough- Winchester

182.      1. Corey Hinkle-Western

2. Tyree Elkins-Southside

3. Myron Howard-Yorktown

4.  Kayne Duncan-Carroll

5.  Nick Cress-Peru

6 Neil . Snep-Manchester

195.      1.Kanez Omar-Wayne

2.  Teishawn Johnson-Elkhart Memorial

3.  Brian Salmon- Woodlan

4. Andrew Smelser-Mississinewa

5. Bo Davis-Garrett

6.  Nick Ingram-Maconaquah

220        1. Fletcher Miller-Kokomo

2.Brandon  Joest-EastNoble

3. Cody Spurgeon-Jimtown

4. Brad Sadilek-Carroll

5. Noah Little - Yorktown

6.Eliseo Guerra-Elkhart Central

HWT      1. Eric Hemmelgarn-JayCounty

2.  EthanBowland-Oak Hill

3.Darrius Connell, Muncie Central

4. BryceHager, Leo

5. Justin Lee, Central Noble

6., Lucas Wickey-Northridge

What do u think?

What about Gayfield at 120 and I have seen a couple kids in fort wayne that can beet raypole and gunsety

Hildebrandt, Flood, Conrath, Weimer , Franklin not stacked? I bet they all are on your preseason rankings. Now as for the Basketball comment: seems racial motivated. Not all 6'5" black kids are basketball players. I'm glad he hasn't listened to that crap cause I personally think he is on the verge.  Secondly Mr. Facts: Omar went to semi-state as a sophomore. Had to go thru Carroll to get there. Wrestled Sadilek from Carroll at 220 giving up 25 lbs  and was victorious at Northfield(March3rd to help u). He Wrestled Bryce Hager giving up 70lbs and Everett Green(Regional Champion) at Carroll March 10th Beating both. Did your "insider" tell u that? U better ask around buddy. I'm sure Sadilek and Hager will be ranked and they are up 1 and 2 weights.  He won a few matches at USA Nationals against top level comp. Better yet don't rank him...It won't stop him...Rankings don't win matches.

P.S. if I'm so far off will somebody enlighten me and make your own prodnostications

Hildebrandt and maybe Konrath will be in the preseason rankings, the others won't. 

Solving the Hager puzzle is not difficult, trust me. And yes my insiders told me about the Sadilek match.

Just as a note he only won one match at Folkstyle nationals last year. One is not a few.

He was in the semi-state rankings for a good portion of the year last year, so he was ranked during the season and was even on the watch list for the state rankings.

Great back and forth with Y2 and this new guy Mr. Heavy Handz (sounds like he has a pretty good idea of the area wrestlers) its great when 2 guys who have some good insight go back and forth makes great discussions for us readers............................Y2 we want your picks see who knows best Y2222222 or Heavy Handzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rickman from Carroll pins Omar in the 1st period in their last meeting. Sadilek owns Rickman in practice.  My point is until you do it in season it dosen't mean much.  Tiashawn is the top dog here at 195 followed close by Salmon.

Brad Laughlin from Yorktown is going to be another tough lower weight class kid (106-120) in this semi state.

I didn't say I was Nostradomus... I'll just say this and I'll leave it alone. I'm going by what I've seen recently not last year.  You guys are so sure I'm wrong it sounds like wishful thinking. People told me not to talk about practice so I won't address it. I must admit there was a glaring omission : Gayfield at 120 I will concede. I stand behind my picks especially 106 and 195.  Give me some 106's.....Tell me who prevents Omar from qualifying?   

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.