Your School's Mount Rushmore

Evansville Reitz-

The first 3 are easy- Jeff Harp (2x state Champ, school's only state champ ever), Alan Grammar  (Never a state champ, but in college was a 5x AA and gave Jon Smith 2 of his 5 career losses), Alex Johns (3x placer and 197 career wins)

The 4th spot would be the real debate... This debate would require a lot of adult beverages and probably a few matches between guys that are too out of shape

My shot at Jay County:

Glenn Glogas- 2X - Runner up 81,82

Geoff Glogas - 1st 87, 6th in 88

David Ferguson - 1st in 87

Kurt VanSkyock - 3rd in 83, 3rd in 84 (I think those years are correct)

If I had a 5th spot or could alternate I could replace Kurt with Casey Kenney. Casey placed 2nd '08.

I gave the nod to Kurt for being one of the earliest higher placers.

Since Jay Consolidated in 76 in figured the guys that accomplished placing in the 80's particularly early 80's earned the right to be on Jay Co's Mt Rushmore.  Wrestling did not exist in Jay until consolidation so we had no history, no heritage.  The late 70's and early 80's wrestlers set a nice foundation for the program.

Shawn was certainly one of the leaders at Jay County during the 90's as well as our head coach James Myers. So yes, they are a huge part of the history but they don't get a spot on Jay Mt Rushmore. haha. They should probably get some kind of statue or something erected in front of the court house in Portland or something though.

ME and JUST ME....

no seriously as of now

itd be Josh Harper, Ian hinton, Chris Snyder,and Id personally put Alex Dolly but could see why most would put Brad Harper Tommy Forte Could easily make list if he stays on track.

EDIT: Im a terrible person because i forgot about Steven Sandefer which is amazing because how could one forget dance moves like that.  Thatd be one intense Mountain Face

Yeah.  But you're a punk.  Haven't given you sh1t in a while.  Seemed like it was time again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What about Conner Brummett who was 4th last year?

It was defiantly a close call between Tommy and Connor. But if you look at overall wins, school records, and notable wins which Tommy beat Nick Crume (future state champ and 3 time placer) to win a semi state title and beat josh kieffer(4 time placer 2 time runner up) in the semi finals at connorsville. Connor lost to the top 3 placers which was the deciding factor. both defiantly worthy!!!

Hobart

Eric Galka 2x Champ, 1x runner up, SQ

Alex Ramos 2x Champ, 5th

Frankie Porras 2x Champ,  1x runner up, SQ

Brennan Cosgrove 1x Champ, 2x runner up, 3rd

HM: Let's hear from some other xbricks :)

You need to include the guys that laid the foundation, like Dave Yeager Champion

In 83 or 84 he beat a pretty good Mark Toriamena (from Leo that was  NJCAA & champ who then

Wrestled at Oklahoma State)

Mount Carmel Caravan, Chicago IL

Steve Williams 2x

Joe Williams 4x

TJ Williams 4x

BJ Futrell 2x or Bryce Brill

12 Titles

(Honorable Mention: Bryan Harney 2x, Charles Lloyd 2x, Tony Davis 1x, & 1x runner-up)

I can't forget the LOWELL RED DEVILS, Lowell, IN:

Marcus Schontube 2x

Tom Renn 1x & 1x runner-up.

Dale Goings 1x & 1x runner-up.

Bobby Howard 1x & 5th place.

Honorable Mention: Larry McMillen (1x Champ & 3rd place) Paul Mayer (1x Runner-up)

I went with Howard over McMillen because I am biased. LOL

Drew Hughes will be in the TOP 4 before he graduates, IMO.

If we're going to have an honorable mention you have to throw Cleveland on there 1xChamp, 3rd

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.