Beach State Championships

tskin

Yea first year might be a smaller turnout then normal.  Have heard from several clubs that are bringing wrestlers....Get online and pre register on track asap.  If turnout is big enough this year then looking to add a middleweight division next year. 

The biggest problem we had was the tourney was between Disney Duals and Fargo. My 145 pound son wanted to go but without knowing the weight class he would be going I didn't want to throw him out there against a 285 pounder and end up hurt before Fargo. after looking at track it looks like he would have just missed the cut and would have had to wrestle in the heavy division. He was disappointed, but didn't want to chance it. If it fits in and you run it again next year I'm sure he will be looking at it.  ;D

I will be sending the results into ISWA and it will be in book and I also will be entering the results into Trackwrestling also hopefully.  The results are sitting on my desk in the mat room and will grab when I get a chance to head back up there.

The regatta weekend does fall in a busy time if your kids do both Disney and make it to Fargo.  Yes the rules of beach wrestling does make it tough if your worried about wrestling a heavy kid.  But some states have modified FILA rules to add a middleweight division and if the interest is their I will add it. 

Since No one else had ever thought about hosting a beach state tourney when I came forward with the idea and told the ISWA I would love to have one they agreed to let me host it and I am honored they did.

I am glad you had it as well. Like I said my son really wanted to wrestle in it. Put a middle weight class in next year and I'm sure he'll be there!! I thank you for stepping out and giving the kids another opportunity to wrestle in a style that they have not wrestled before. Thanks again. ;D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.