Team Indiana Junior Duals

Those that would like to VOLUNTEER to take off work and coach these trips as the coaching staff did, please email me DIRECTLY - dstruck@gcs.k12.in.us

We can try and get you on as a coach on the trip to make the decisions, be ready to miss your family and work for a week, and get some public talk about you online.......

No coach on this trip has a kid on the trip of their own, they volunteered their time for OTHER families.

Danny Struck

dstruck@gcs.k12.in.us

Indiana Junior freestyle will finish 3-2 today to come out 4-4 for the event.  While the overall team results were not ideal we did have several strong individual showing against some solid national competition.

cjl123,

To your original point, I have already had correspondence with one of the USA Wrestling event organizers about the unfortunate circumstances of our total number of matches.  I expressed some of the thoughts and suggestions which I had made in my previous post.  He seemed to take my points seriously enough to say he would convey them to the state representative at the next meeting.  While this will not help our situation this year, it hopefully may help provide a better situation for the future.  I agree we have many people doing a fine job at the state and local level, but occasionally some oversight and misplaced logic does cause some unforeseen issues to arise that no one has time in the middle of the event to decide a quick fix for.    Hopefully, my communication will at least provide a way of solving one of those issues. 

Before this post takes on a life of its own all I was saying is that I wish the there would have been more Greco matches, not once did I question the handling of the situation. In regards to dstruck post he seemed to get a bit defensive and thin skinned and if he reads my post thoroughly he will see that I said "I appreciate all the coaches and all involved do for our boys". I am in fact friends with 2 of the coaches outside of wrestling as well,  so for you dstruck to imply that I was questioning  the handling of the situation is a non truth. Once again i am proud of our coaches and our wrestlers for stepping up and representing Indiana..

I have been involved with the Duals trip in some fashion or another for over 10 years and have never had a Team wrestle less than 6 matches in a style. As a matter of fact it is one of the recruiting tools I use in putting the team together.

From what I have been told 2 Teams backed at the last minute bringing the total number of Teams competing to 27, 28 would have been needed for 7 in each pool. if only one of the Teams had backed out we would of had at least one more match in the round robin format with a possibility of another in the bracket format giving us 5 and possibly 6 matches. The situation was being discussed after the Greco portion was over and I believe and hope they where looking for ways to rectify it.

As for the composition of our Team, that lays entirely on me as I am the Team Leader. I am obligated to offer the spot on the Team to the State Champion in that style only, if that individual declines or fails to notify me before the deadline I am open to look for the next best possible candidate for the spot. In most cases that would be the number two person in the weight, if that person is already representing the Team in one of the styles already I then move on to the next best possible candidate. I do this for a couple of reason: In my experience kids simply wear out when they wrestle both styles and they increase the possibility of injury because they are so tired and sore. I had several individuals who did go both ways (out of necessity) tell me how tired and sore they where but to there credit wrestled hard and competed for the sake of the Team.

I can assure you any decision that I made in regards to the Duals Team was made with the best interests of the kids involved and to provide our coaches with the best possible Team to compete in the National Duals.

Tom Erikson

Team Leader

terik28901@aol.com

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.