Wes Bernard

Big Bob 77

Congrats to another class of 2014 Indiana wrestler Wesley Bernard who has committed to wrestle at Rutgers University! Thanks to all the coaches who has played a role in his development and training, and a special thanks to coach Sean McGinley, Mo Gunn and the entire Cathedral staff, along with Eddie P and all the CIA coaches, and especially his uncle coach Matt Schoettle, and the PM staff who trained Wes until high school! You can see it took a village to train and build this wrestler, lol

At least we can still follow him a little easier with Rutgers recent addition into the Big 10.  Good luck.

Really excited about Rutgers and Maryland both joining the Big 10 in 2014, and it definitely played a role in his decision. He also visited and considered Maryland, IU, and North Dakota State, but loved Coach Goodale and the entire Rutgers staff. He actually had a chance to workout and wrestle with their current Hwt (a NCAA qualifier) and 197lbs while there. Really enjoyed the guys, campus, and only 30 minutes from NYC and the Jersey shore, and what 18 yr old kid wouldn't love that? Their plan is to redshirt Wes and then get him plenty of opens and matches as a redshirt freshman, and then as a sophomore hopefully he will be the guy!

First off, congrats to Wes!

I would be hesitant, however, in making such a large decision on my love for Coach Goodale.  He is entering his 7th season as Head Coach at Rutgers and has yet to produce a single All-American in that time.  He was a heck of a high school coach at Jackson Memorial and is a heck of a nice guy, but has yet to cut it at the Division 1 level.  His lack of success is not for a lack of talent, as he recruited the likes of Scott Winston, Mario Mason, and Trevor Melde, who were all part of a recruiting class ranked 3rd in the nation by W.I.N. magazine and 4th by Intermat coming out of high school.  In a wrestling-crazed state like New Jersey, these results are unacceptable, and I'm not sure he has much longer to right the ship.

Congrats Wes its always good to see a home town kid do something so special. I know you have put a ton of HARD work into making this happen keep up that hard work. I hope you still have 2 items of unfinished business here in Indiana this coming season do.........

First off, congrats to Wes!

I would be hesitant, however, in making such a large decision on my love for Coach Goodale.  He is entering his 7th season as Head Coach at Rutgers and has yet to produce a single All-American in that time.  He was a heck of a high school coach at Jackson Memorial and is a heck of a nice guy, but has yet to cut it at the Division 1 level.  His lack of success is not for a lack of talent, as he recruited the likes of Scott Winston, Mario Mason, and Trevor Melde, who were all part of a recruiting class ranked 3rd in the nation by W.I.N. magazine and 4th by Intermat coming out of high school.  In a wrestling-crazed state like New Jersey, these results are unacceptable, and I'm not sure he has much longer to right the ship.

Ok Debbie Downer...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.