disney duals

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife and I got back last night from spending the weekend at Disney to watch our son wrestle with the Penn Extreme team in the All Star Division. What a great tournament and opportunity for all of the kids to wrestle some of the nations best wrestlers and teams. Very well run tournament with every match seemingly starting exactly when it was supposed to, great officials and a first class venue. Good luck to Penn today as they finish up trying to stay in the top 20.

Way to go Perry! I assume it was the All Star Division? Does Brandon Fl still have a pretty good program? Did they send a team? It would be great to see a whole list of teams that our Indiana teams wrestled, where they were from and how they did in their respective states. I would assume this tournament helps a bit with recognition towards national exposure, we often argue over the single class/ multi-class but there can be no argument that this is good for Indiana wrestling I'd like to see MD field a team but I'm not sure what they've got cooking down there maybe someday.

Way to go Perry! I assume it was the All Star Division?

Large Community Division. 

It does look like Brandon had a team there in the All-Star division, or at least a team named Brandon made it to the champiobship All-Star bracket. 

Large Community Division. 

It does look like Brandon does have a team in the All-Star division though.  At least a team named Brandon made it to the champiobship All-Star bracket.

I did see Coach Russ Cozart and the Brandon (Tampa) team down there. They looked really tough.

I took a group of Indiana kids to coach Cozart for a workout over spring break. It was eye opening. He hit on a lot of things. He is a good dude and was really good to our kids. Not hard to see why he has had so much success.

Anyone have the results as to where each Indiana team finished and in which division? I didn't get the official result but heard that Penn finished around 20th in the All Star Division. The competition was amazing in this division. We wrestled a team called Diesel out of the PA area and wow were they something. I would be surprised if anyone beat them although I heard a team called the Young Guns were the real deal.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.