Biggest weight changes in past 4 yrs.

daddio

We have one that went in reverse too, due to a desire to be prepare for the Air Force Academy after graduation.  Through diet and exercise he was able to drop the weight the correct way.

Freshman year (his first year in the sport) he started out at HWT weighing around 240 and through the season dropped to below 220.

Sophomore year came in at 189 and was able to get down to 171.

Junior year came in at and maintained 160.

We project 160-171 again for his Senior year.

In this case wrestling has turned him into almost half the man he was.  Plus a much more athletic and healthy person.

We have one that went in reverse too, due wanting to prepare for the Air Force Acadamy after graduation.  Through diet and exercise he was able to drop weight the right way.

Freshman year (his first in the sport) he started out at HWT weighing around 240 and dropped to below 220.

Sophomore year came in at 189 and was able to get to 171.

Junior year came in at and maintained 160

We project 160-171 again for his Senior year.

In this case wrestling has turned him into almost half the man he was.  Plus a much more athletic and healthy person.

That is just good stuff.

Wasn't trying to badmouth you or perpetuate any rumors, was just legitimately curious.  Pretty impressive accomplishment to make such a big jump and win a title, especially giving up weight like you did.  And as a Fort Wayne-area wrestler at the time, it was definitely exciting to see someone represent the semi-state well at the state level.

-Thanks. I didn't take offense. I understand the curiosity and the rumors. I appreciate the compliment.

There was a kid from Edgewood around 2000-2003 timeframe who was 103 Freshman and Senior was 189.  I forget his name, but he was actually a decent wrestler.

Adam Whiffen (spelling!?) is who you are referring to, I believe.

• 2 weeks later...

Just like seeing how these kids grow over the years,

I know my son Austin Mccloskey started out at 135 as a freshman, then 152 as a sophomore, 160 as a junior, and will be at 182 as a senior. That's 6 weight class jumps over his high school career, does that seem average, above average, just wanting to get some thoughts.

When you coached my son as a 7th grader he was 245 and last year as a sophomore he was down to 182. Btw, saw Austin the other day and he looks huge. It's really obvious that he has been hitting the weights hard. Congrats to your whole family on his decision to go to Purdue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.