Toughest teams next year

Inittowinit

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

82 schools are larger than East Noble, while about 321 are smaller if you want exact numbers.

These numbers look pretty skewed when one looks at the pure number of high schools in Indiana.  However, there are fewer than 320 schools that offer wrestling.  A deeper look shows that, for class pruposes of the ISWCA dual tourney taking place this upcoming season, there are only 20 teams smaller than EN in class 3A, while there are 82 teams larger.  Therefore, if there are 103 schools comprising 3A in wrestling (I'm not sure by looking but there could be 1 or 2 of the large schools in 3A that don't offer wrestling), and EN is #83 on that list, that would put EN in the bottom third of enrollment for 3A schools.  I know that in the grand scheme, EN is HUGE, but compared to their competition in 3A, they really aren't so huge. 

These numbers look pretty skewed when one looks at the pure number of high schools in Indiana.  However, there are fewer than 320 schools that offer wrestling. 

False, there are 310 teams that wrestled in the state tournament this year.

A deeper look shows that, for class pruposes of the ISWCA dual tourney taking place this upcoming season, there are only 20 teams smaller than EN in class 3A, while there are 82 teams larger.  Therefore, if there are 103 schools comprising 3A in wrestling (I'm not sure by looking but there could be 1 or 2 of the large schools in 3A that don't offer wrestling), and EN is #83 on that list,

No schools larger than East Noble do not offer wrestling.  The largest school that does not offer wrestling is Silver Creek High School with an enrollment of 809.

I know you don't like facts, but here they are.

False, there are 310 teams that wrestled in the state tournament this year.

No schools larger than East Noble do not offer wrestling.  The largest school that does not offer wrestling is Silver Creek High School with an enrollment of 809.

I know you don't like facts, but here they are.

So what you are saying regarding the first point is that ALL high schools in Indiana offer wrestling?  What I said was that fewer than 320 offer wrestling and it would seem that you backed me up on that when you said that 310 wrestled in the state series.  Guess I've been understanding that fewer than 320 high schools in Indiana had wrestling teams.  Please enlighten further as to your definitions.  If indeed only 310 schools offer wrestling in Indiana, then we are on the same page because I stated fewer than 320 offered wrestling.  310 is fewer than 320.  Sorry but I couldn't remember the exact number of 310.

Regarding the second point, I figured that all schools in 3A would offer wrestling but I was sure that as soon as I said that you would find one that didn't and run me into the ground for that error.  Just trying to cover my bases. 

Frankly, the facts you are throwing out are doing nothing to undermine my post or the points I made in my post.  EN is in the bottom 1/3 of class 3A, far from a HUGE 3A school.  Lumping EN into the more than 400 high schools in Indiana and trying to describe how huge they apparently are in your mind, when looked at from this perspective, isn't fair because the state dual tourney is classed and they are not HUGE, in fact they are quite small, when looked at from that perspective.  My point from the beginning.  But feel free to ingnore the point.  I'm used to that.

The Irish should have, the following all in their line up and all listed below could make it to state, with Corsaro & Bernard probable ranked Pre season #1 and Harvey, Rypel, and Stewart ranked in the top #3. Also I think Turner 113lbs & Guhl 195lbs both capable of going to state but their not as well known as the others... That will be a tough line up for anyone to match up with!

Lil Bailey 106lbs

John Devine 132lbs

Ben Harvey 138lbs

Brent Larson 145lbs

Vinny Corsaro 152lbs

Ben Stewart 160lbs

Blake Rypel 170lbs

Raja Burt 220lbs

Wes Bernard Hwt

The toughest teams next season will be the ones putting in the work now. Perry always seems to out  work everyone in the off season. I know Warren is working hard. Ive seen teams like  Lawrence North, Lawrence Central, Franklin Central, Penn, Mater Dei, New Pal working and at other RTC. Ive even seen a good # of Whiteland kids getting around. I personal hope Roncalli is in the mix being a big fan of Coach Ellis & Millers. The off season is where these teams get TOUGHER the ones that put in the work get better & raise to that next level.

Or they know to go to a good college colleges are looking for student athletes first

Yeah, because all of Cathedral's athletes are "student athletes".

I would argue that you can get a better academics/athletics combination at schools like Carmel, Zionsville, Center Grove, Avon, Brownsburg, Hamilton Southeastern, Fishers, ect. You certainly don't need to attend Cathedral to be prepared for Division I academics or athletics.

Yeah, because all of Cathedral's athletes are "student athletes".

I would argue that you can get a better academics/athletics combination at schools like Carmel, Zionsville, Center Grove, Avon, Brownsburg, Hamilton Southeastern, Fishers, ect. You certainly don't need to attend Cathedral to be prepared for Division I academics or athletics.

Just compete and beat them and quit acting as if they are doing things that are against the rules or that nobody else does. Read the IHSAA Rules Book and tell me what rules they are braking. Its much easier to act as if they are doing something wrong, then to beat them, huh? By the way the Cathedral graduation rate is 99%& college bound grads 97%, and not one of the schools you've mention can match those numbers...Do your research before you open your suk :-X

Do u think bailey, Guhl, and turner will be ranked and what do you think they will be ranked

Bailey could be ranked, but nobody really knows Guhl and the fact that he was a freshman last year and wrestled at 220lbs, but will wrestle this year at his weight 195lbs instead of where he best helped the team should be huge for him. Just not sure about Turner, but I bet he may be before next year is done...

Just compete and beat them and quit acting as if they are doing things that are against the rules or that nobody else does. Read the IHSAA Rules Book and tell me what rules they are braking. Its much easier to act as if they are doing something wrong, then to beat them, huh? By the way the Cathedral graduation rate is 99%& college bound grads 97%, and not one of the schools you've mention can match those numbers...Do your research before you open your suk :-X

Whoa Big Bob, I said nothing about Cathedral breaking any IHSAA rules. And the statistics you mentioned are for a school that only accepts college bound kids. Isn't there a placement test that must be passed to be accepted? So, I would expect the graduation rates and college acceptance to be close to 100%. I just stated that other schools in the Indianapolis area provide students with an arguably better academic/athletics combination. Just saying you don't have to attend Cathedral to be prepared for college.

Whoa Big Bob, I said nothing about Cathedral breaking any IHSAA rules. And the statistics you mentioned are for a school that only accepts college bound kids. Isn't there a placement test that must be passed to be accepted? So, I would expect the graduation rates and college acceptance to be close to 100%. I just stated that other schools in the Indianapolis area provide students with an arguably better academic/athletics combination. Just saying you don't have to attend Cathedral to be prepared for college.

Way to back pedal my friend, but I think most that read your post would say you were taking a shot at their academics when you made your student athletes remark in quotes! You clearly then  said you would argue that you could get better or as good at those other schools, and then in the next breath you said although those schools grad & college bound rates could not match Cathedral's, then Cathedral's stats should be even better then they are!!! Own what you said or shut your suk wrong is wrong brother...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.