Toughest teams next year

Inittowinit

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mater Dei looks to be the team with the best shot at beating Perry next year. Lots of state/semi-state qualifiers coming back and they're adding Will Egli and Nick Lee. Wouldn't be surprised to see them as the top team next year.

Same goes with Penn. They return an 8th placer, runner-up, and 4 state qualifiers.

Yorktown should be solid too. 4th placer, 3rd placer, 3x top 5 placer, and another state qualifer return.

Idk about perry or mater dai they should be solid

Cathedral

106 Breyden bailey incoming freshman

113 skylour turner incoming freshman

120 Bryce Lewis

126 transfer don't remember his name

132 John Devine lost in ticket

138 Ben Harvey

145 brant Larson lost in ticket

152 Ben Stewart freshman

160 vinny corsaro

170 Blake rypel

182 Ryan Guhl semi state qualifier

195 Andrew Williamson incoming freshman

220 raja Burt semi state ticket round

285 Wesley bernard

Spitballing...

106 Hildebrandt- SQ, defending his triple crown this weekend

113 Slates- ISWA 2nd last year, 3rd this year

120 Davis- 2nd

126 Beam- sectional champ

132 Varner/Selis/Swank/Manspeaker

138 Varner/Selis/Swank/Manspeaker

145 Prentice- ISWA state champ

152 Rinehart- SQ

160 Mammolenti- SQ

170 Osborn/Slatton

182 Wiseman/Osborn/Slatton

195 Chaffee

220 Woods- SQ, ISWA state champ

HWT Stoller/Cunningham

Verrrrrrry preliminary.

Mater Dei looks to be the team with the best shot at beating Perry next year. Lots of state/semi-state qualifiers coming back and they're adding Will Egli and Nick Lee. Wouldn't be surprised to see them as the top team next year.

Same goes with Penn. They return an 8th placer, runner-up, and 4 state qualifiers.

Yorktown should be solid too. 4th placer, 3rd placer, 3x top 5 placer, and another state qualifer return.

Will be interesting to see where those 2 fit into the line up.  You've got Lehman, Johnson, Jordan and Pierre all in that range.  I think Lee can beat any of them so he might be able to pick where he goes.  Not sure where Egli will fit in.  I'm sure there will be some shuffling, weight changes, etc to get them in the line up.

Yes, it will be interesting to see where those two fit into the lineup, but there isn't much question they will be in the lineup.  Egli is lighter than the guys you mentioned and Pierre is heavier.  However, you will have Lehman, Johnson, Jordan, Lee, Schweizer (ISWA 2nd place) and Seng all fighting to fit in the lineup from 120 - 138.  Will be very competitive next fall, but it might be what you're doing or not doing now that matters most for this group.

Yes, it will be interesting to see where those two fit into the lineup, but there isn't much question they will be in the lineup.  Egli is lighter than the guys you mentioned and Pierre is heavier.  However, you will have Lehman, Johnson, Jordan, Lee, Schweizer (ISWA 2nd place) and Seng all fighting to fit in the lineup from 120 - 138.  Will be very competitive next fall, but it might be what you're doing or not doing now that matters most for this group.

Great post! I think that Egli goes around the 106-113 class. Nick Lee could fit anywhere from what I hear about this kid. A surprise coming in could be Caleb Hinderliter. This kid has worked hard, and along with great partners, could be a shocker. Even though they lost a few to include Wright and Parkinson, EMD might very well be back on track. Can't wait to see how it pans out!

I dont know if enough 8th graders have made verbal commitments yet for us to decide who the top teams will be...  ;D  just kidding......

Seriously, PM EMD and Penn top 3 with Cathedral Yorktown and Franklin rounding out top 6....

Yea, in my opinion, Warren Central has to mentioned in the mix of one of the toughest teams next year.  Coach Williams, Carley, and the rest of the staff have done a great job with that program.  They are very tough and have a great group coming back next year.

Coach Weimer 

I think that Danville will be tough again this year at Team State, Avon should have a good year as well (always a tough schedule).  If I were a betting man, I would lay money that Carmel will be around at the top in the very near future as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.