R.I.P. Eric Kriebel

Dave Cloud

Indiana wrestling has lost a good friend. Eric Kriebel passed away yesterday from natural causes. I will make viewing and funeral arrangements available when I have them. Eric truly loved the sport of wrestling and will be greatly missed by his family, our wrestlers, coaches and friends around the state and the country.

Dave Cloud

I will always remember his devious smile, dedication, and passion for our sport and the athletes. Coach taught myself and many many others the meaning of hard work and the difference between pain and injury (pain being his heavily taped wrists scraping across your face until your skin peeled away!). My thoughts are with his family and especially his daughters. What a true warrior he was and his legacy will live on forever with all of us whom were fortunate enough to have known him.

RIP Coach...Until we meet again...

The family of Eric Kriebel has asked that I post the following information:

Calling will be held this Thursday from 5 to 8 pm at the Madison Park Church of God (6607 Providence Drive, Anderson, IN).

The funeral service will be held at 1:00 pm Friday, also at Madison Park Church of God. The family invites those who wish may make a donation to the Arabian Wrestling Club to establish a memorial fund for Coach Kriebel. All funds collected will go to this memorial to be determined by the family. Checks should have the words Kriebel Memorial on the memo line. Contact Dave Cloud at dcloud@smadison.k12.in.us with any questions.

It was a great privilege to know Eric. Wrestling together at ISU granted an opportunity to see his love, his passion for the sport and to get to know the person. Watching him coach, you could see the same passion come through. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, the Pendleton Heights wrestling family, and all who knew Eric. God bless you all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.