TEC - 2013/2014 season

• 2 months later...

With cody handley and austin fuller gone. who will be this next seasons wrestlers making noise? There is returning as a junior ssq's alston jenkinson from centerville and senior christian cox from hagerstown, both losing in ticket rounds and both being conference, sectional and regional champs. cant rule out centervilles austin killion returning for his senior year where he missed the state series due to illness but went on to beat christian cox at ISWA state. I think you have to mention centerville's bryce robinson and dakota tipton returning as seniors and both are former ssq. I have seen union county's daniel mcclurg putting in a ton of work this offseason and looking good as well as their emelio aquino. who else we got?

• 4 weeks later...

What about Craft at 120. Had a concussion for the beginning of the year and finished 15-4.

Yes I like Wes. Good wrestler and wrestled centervilles Tipton (conference champ and former ssq) very tough. Thanks for reminding me of him.

• 2 weeks later...

forgot about jesse newton from lincoln. kid had 30+ wins last year and was a ssq. should have been a #1 seed going into ss but got a raw deal I feel. Was a great match with gage pace from franklin county at regionals for the championship and newton had pace locked in a spladle but lost as ref said newton pinned himself...nobody else saw that but i think he will be back with something to prove. that was 106 last year and he is a junior so especially if he is 113, that will probably be a very weak weight class.

forgot about jesse newton from lincoln. kid had 30+ wins last year and was a ssq. should have been a #1 seed going into ss but got a raw deal I feel. Was a great match with gage pace from franklin county at regionals for the championship and newton had pace locked in a spladle but lost as ref said newton pinned himself...nobody else saw that but i think he will be back with something to prove. that was 106 last year and he is a junior so especially if he is 113, that will probably be a very weak weight class.

It was a legit pin, it's always dangerous when running a spladle to not pin yourself. He's definitely going to be tough again this season.

Lets talk about wich team has the most potential Tec champs for this incoming year ;D

Definitely Centerville. Jenkinson, michaels, Tipton, Killion, Robinson should be about locks with Calderon a big possibility. I think union county takes 2 or 3 between caufman, Aquino, Mcclurg and bowers. Lincoln's newton and issacs could. Hagerstowns cox should repeat. Craft is good enough too but not sure there are enough weight classes for these guy and some might knock others out of contention.

Tri should have a decen 170lb probly won't take it but should do well. Looks like it will be a battle between cen and uc this year. Who will give cufman a challenge in the Tec ? Same goes for cox Tipton. Killion jinkingson ? I don't know much about alquino.....mclurg and bowers I don't see wining

Tri should have a decen 170lb probly won't take it but should do well. Looks like it will be a battle between cen and uc this year. Who will give cufman a challenge in the Tec ? Same goes for cox Tipton. Killion jinkingson ? I don't know much about alquino.....mclurg and bowers I don't see wining

Aquino is a good kid. Honestly I don't know any other wrestler that has put in more work than him in the offseason. He is hitting the gym constantly, getting to most of the Centerville and Richmond open mats and going to Indy to fight and train in mma all the time. He placed on the podium at spartan classic in a weight class that oncluded josh farrel, vinny corsaro, conner brummet and cody steele and wants to go out his senior year with a bang. I don't think caulfman will have much in a challenge unless Markley from Centerville stays down at that weight but my guess is Markley goes 113

ok im putting this out there way ahead of time so it will change once weight classes and new guys are figured into the equation.

106 coffman uco / harris uci / roach hag

113 mcclurg uco / newton lin / miller tri / markley cen

120 Craft tri / jenkinson cen / isaacs lin / thompson win

126 bowers uco / phillips cen / roach hag

132 tipton cen / brush ne / isaacs tri

138 michaels cen / scholl hag / halcomb win / oswald uco

145 cox hag / terriquez uci / burlison cen / mcdaniel hag

152 killion cen / gorman tri / underwood win

160 aquino uco / simpson cen / blake tri / beer win

170 anquiano uci / rihm lin / jordan cen

182 gough win / calderon cen / cook tri / stephens uco

195 robinson cen / hangen win / roach hag / gwilt uco

220 sofronko win / utt tri / deloney cen / mcmillian hag

285 shank lin / williams win / henry uci / creigmile cen

Not many good matchups wich u think will be the best ?

honestly i dont know the new freshman class for these schools so no idea on some of these lighter weights or if there is any impact wrestler coming in at the other weights. the only one i know is coffman as I have seen him at many connersville open mats.

Mcclurg/newton would be action packed and fast paced

jenkinson/issacs is always good. 2 years ago issacs owned jenkinson while last year jenkinson owned isaacs. this is the tiebreaker year as isaacs will be a senior i believe. But even with Jenkinson have a great year last year and Isaacs capable of the same. Neither can beat tipton and craft from tri pushed tipton to his limit last year, so I will give this one to craft.

138 is tough but I give michaels a slight edge techinically and kid has heart. The other 3 probably have more strength and maybe a slight edge on experience to scholl and halcomb

if killion and cox are in the same weight class like they were the last 2 years, that will be epic. they both have all the skills to wrestle friday night at conseco for state and i wouldnt be surprised to see them there. cox has more wins over killion but killion has the last one in dominating fashion at ISWA state 9-2 controlling the entire match. otherwise, if they are in different weight classes, they will breeze through the others.

170 would be real good. rihm was impressive at regionals last year beating aquino at conference but then losing to him in a tough one at regionals and almost beating cody steele from connersville at regionals in first round. but i have seen aquino put in more work this offseason than anyone else in the area and i think that will pay off. he told me he wants to go out his senior year in a big way. problem is add anquiano to that mix and the matchup between rihm and aquino might be for 2nd place.

robinson/hangen would be a great matchup. both good, solid and very strong wresters with similar styles.

285 can be any of those 4 but i give a slight edge to shank.

I was looking at the sectional and regional brackets earler today and could not find killion. Also according to the bracket results mcclurg did not make it out of sectionals. And at regional alquino placed ahead of rhem.  ???

I was looking at the sectional and regional brackets earler today and could not find killion. Also according to the bracket results mcclurg did not make it out of sectionals. And at regional alquino placed ahead of rhem.  ???

Killion couldn't wrestle thru state series due to illness. He was ranked as high as 7th on zacks ss ranks until then and fell off. Mcclurg got a bad draw and drew #1 see at sectionals due to not being eligible during season from grades. That #1 seed won that tourney and his toughest match all day was Mcclurg. I may be incorrect on the rhim match with Aquino. I just remember rhim looking good and almost knocked Steele off

i also found what I was think on the aquino/rhim situation. At TEC Rhim beat Aquino in the first round so they are 1-1 against each other. Conference finished with Connor wyatt union city first, austin finney northeastern 2nd, gustav rhim lincoln 3rd, emilio aquino union county 4th, rick purtha hagerstown 5th, connor allen centerville 6th

Rihm and Aquino wrestled twice at the South Dearborn invite also and they were 1-1 against each other. Then at conference they wrestled twice again so 2-2 against each other and at Regionals once. So Aquino is 3-2 against Rihm. Now for McClurg he will prolly be at 120 or maybe even 113 again. If at 120 it will be very interesting with Mcclurg, Isaacs and Jenkinson.

Rihm and Aquino wrestled twice at the South Dearborn invite also and they were 1-1 against each other. Then at conference they wrestled twice again so 2-2 against each other and at Regionals once. So Aquino is 3-2 against Rihm. Now for McClurg he will prolly be at 120 or maybe even 113 again. If at 120 it will be very interesting with Mcclurg, Isaacs and Jenkinson.

i just updated my picks in my original post as well as my matchups post rather making a new one. got some weight changes that I heard of. im sure it will happen again. Rihm and Aquino are so neck and neck lol. If mcclurg is 113, mcclurg should take that conference championship home with him I say. at 120, he could be anywhere in the top 3 depending how they all come out that day feeling lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.