Dake vs Sanderson

I remember when Olympic trials was hereand Cael lost that match. What was that guys name and whatever happened there why didn't he get an alternate spot.

Not sure I understand the questions.  The 2003 World Team trials and 2004 Olympic Trials were held in Indy but Sanderson won both of those events.  In 2004 he beat Fullhart, who had beat him previously.

Not sure I understand the questions.  The 2003 World Team trials and 2004 Olympic Trials were held in Indy but Sanderson won both of those events.  In 2004 he beat Fullhart, who had beat him previously.

It might of been world trials he lost a match can't remember who he lost to.

Well dake isn't even #2 in his weight in the US with Howe and Burroughs ahead of him,  Cael losing a few times doesn't compare.  He is a phenomenal wrestler but may have a tough road ahead of him getting past those 2. 

Cael was a world team member in 2001, but did not go to the World Championships due to 9/11.  Cael also had almost twice as many pins as Dake did throughout his career.  What Dake did was very impressive, but in all honestly the losses to guys like Zach Bailey, Kevin LeValley and Donnie Vinson are what keep him below Cael's accomplishments.

In November of 2002, the year Cael graduated, there was an event in New Orleans called the Kurt Angle Classic. It was pretty much a dual with some FS and Greco matches for prize money. Cael wrestled Magomedov, the Olympic Champion from Russia in the feature match with winner earning $10,000. I refereed that match and watched as Magomedov had no way of stopping Cael's ankle pick. Cael won that match either 8-2 or 7-2. I don't believe Dake is ready to take on the defending Olympic Champion....oh wait, that would be Jordan Burroughs  :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.