Triston Rodriguez over Shane Wilkerson

Nick Ellis over Gage Torres

Jake Tucker over Nick Ellis

Matt McKinney over Shane Wilkerson

Nick Ellis over Matt McKinney

Gage Torres over Ellis in the rematch for 3rd

Tucker over Rodriguez 14--1 in the finals

Prettu exciting weight class :)

Who'd he beat? Heard he is an LN Wildcat now. Why the switch? Goes from a dominating freshman season to a one loss sophomore season. Then decides to transfer.

everyone convincingly.....lol

academics.......

126 was very exciting to say the least.  Glad to see Nick Ellis back on the mat and able to finish the tournament.  Best of luck to that young man in the future.  Stay healthy little Ellis - you are always exciting to watch.

Hats off to the iswa on another very well run tournament. Pat Culp and crew really have it running like a top and WC is a great venue as well.  Shelfishly, it was nice when it was run at Huntington but it really does make sense to have it in the Indy metro area to give all a chance to travel easily.  It seemed like this year there were more contestants than last year but maybe Im wrong. I know Cadet 100 only had 12 wrestlers last year and this year there were 24.  Nice increase for that weight class.

Tony Vaughn over Preston Mantel , Very convincing win , placing 4th at the tourny , and Tieshawn Johnson with an well deserved 3rd place medal . Wonder where the other Returning Elkhart Memorial Wreslters at? Other Sport ? Not alot of Numbers from them ..

No there were not alot of numbers for Memorial.....all totaled it was 2, Tony and Tieshawn. How sad is that? I was very unhappy with the fact that none of our other wrestlers showed up for this. How do they expect to get better without going to these off season tournaments? I take Tony and Tie to the local RTC's every week and just as with this tournament, they are the only two Memorial kids. I unfortunetly see Memorial on a down slide if more kids don't start participating in some of these off season opportunities. And (this will probably cause me some heartache), the coaches need to get more involved. By them not pushing the kids and staying involved in the off season, it sure doesn't help. Look at Penn's team - they took 20+ kids and at least 6 coaches that I saw. Harper knows how to run a successful program and it starts at the top which is with him. There is no reason that Memorial shouldn't have even half of the size program that Penn has. It starts with a good kids club which we have never had in the past. Just this year Coach Weaver has taken it upon himself to get this started and hopefully it will be the beginning of a new tradition for Memorial. But beyond that, our high school kids have to stay involved if we want to continue our successful seasons that Coach Seltzer put together. And I have to thank Coach Seltzer for taking the time to help coach Tony and Tie this past weekend while he was there with his LN kids. It was just like the good old days.........

With the number of kids in the Penn wrestling club , I was hoping to see a better turnout. Would of liked to see more wrestlers in the Junior division .

it definitely seems to drop off as kids get to the junior division......it's those peewee's up through schoolboy/cadet that seem to really bring out the numbers.....how many did penn take down the weekend before?

it definitely seems to drop off as kids get to the junior division......it's those peewee's up through schoolboy/cadet that seem to really bring out the numbers.....how many did penn take down the weekend before?

We also have to remember that some in the Junior Division is made up of those who participate in high school spring sports, as well as, high school Seniors that usually are less interested in USA participation after their wrestling career has ended.  Throw in that that some of the IN/IL participants may not have wanted to wrestle back to back days, and it may make since why the Junior division doesn't always bring the numbers compared to others.

The numbers in the junior division close to the schoolboy/girl division. with w more weidht class and only 21 more wrestlers that equals an average of 23 per class for schoolboy/girl and 26 per class in junior. Yes cadet had 90+ wrestlers but still with the 3 extra classes thats only 28 per class for cadets. With the 126 cadet having the most wrestlers, the junior 145 then 152 were the largest class of the weekend. Not a bad turn out at all.

No there were not alot of numbers for Memorial.....all totaled it was 2, Tony and Tieshawn. How sad is that? I was very unhappy with the fact that none of our other wrestlers showed up for this. How do they expect to get better without going to these off season tournaments? I take Tony and Tie to the local RTC's every week and just as with this tournament, they are the only two Memorial kids. I unfortunetly see Memorial on a down slide if more kids don't start participating in some of these off season opportunities. And (this will probably cause me some heartache), the coaches need to get more involved. By them not pushing the kids and staying involved in the off season, it sure doesn't help. Look at Penn's team - they took 20+ kids and at least 6 coaches that I saw. Harper knows how to run a successful program and it starts at the top which is with him. There is no reason that Memorial shouldn't have even half of the size program that Penn has. It starts with a good kids club which we have never had in the past. Just this year Coach Weaver has taken it upon himself to get this started and hopefully it will be the beginning of a new tradition for Memorial. But beyond that, our high school kids have to stay involved if we want to continue our successful seasons that Coach Seltzer put together. And I have to thank Coach Seltzer for taking the time to help coach Tony and Tie this past weekend while he was there with his LN kids. It was just like the good old days.........

Grab a whistle and help out. No sense in getting on a public board and talking negatively about your program... I'm sure your coaches are glad to have your support...

Grab a whistle and help out. No sense in getting on a public board and talking negatively about your program... I'm sure your coaches are glad to have your support...

if the facts are negative to you, then so be it......i'm only stating what it is......you might even take the same advice, who knows.......and since you have no clue as to what all i do to help out our program, you might be better off just to worry about your own......it's easy to take one statement and try to make it into something it wasn't......but have at it if you like......you won't hurt my feelings......everything i stated is just what i feel our program needs to stay on track......in all of the years my boys have been wrestling, elkhart has never had an actual kids club and we very much need one.....coach weaver (one of those guys i don't support according to you) is getting it going and it will be successful and hopefully move us in the direction that penn has achieved......and he knows he has my full support and help......as do all of our coaches.......

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.