RIP Gary Walker

toe shoes

Indiana Wrestling lost a great man yesterday.  If you have been around Columbus Wrestling since the late 1960s you know who Gary Walker is.  Gary was one of the first men in Columbus wrestling history to place in the State finals back in the 1960s.  Gary went on to Wrestle at the University of Cincinnati.  A tragic accident put Gary into a wheel chair but that did not stop him from giving back to the sport he loved.  Gary was an asst. coach for Columbus East for years.  Great mentor to many great young men.  The new wrestling room was just named for him.  Gary you will be missed and you had a great impact on many men.  More then you will ever know.

RIP my good friend, you will be missed

Dan Marsh

Columbus East Grad 2000

Columbus North Asst. Coach 2007-2010

IHSAA Official 2001-present 

Sad news.  Gary was a fixture at every Columbus East event I can recall from my years as a wrestler and now a coach. I'm sure his impact on that program will continue to be felt for many years to come.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.