How Matt McDonough celebrated his Big Ten runner-up finish

I still hold a grudge over them dropping Pepsi clear!

I still remember the Super Bowl ad with Cindy Crawford when it was introduced.... I loved that ad ..  ;D

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he wont have to throw away his runner up medal, he just got beat by a freshman( # 6 ranked) in the quarters. No 4 time final appearance either. He can still be a 4 time AA. great feat.

Only other guys to not make the finals after accomplishing it 3 previous times was Johnny Thompson and Randy Lewis both going 2-1-1-3 in their career.  Lest see if Matt McD can make it back to 3rd or if this setback is to much for him to mentally come back from.

Only other guys to not make the finals after accomplishing it 3 previous times was Johnny Thompson and Randy Lewis both going 2-1-1-3 in their career.  Lest see if Matt McD can make it back to 3rd or if this setback is to much for him to mentally come back from.

Randy Lewis defaulted out to 7th place his Senior year due to one of the nastiest dislocated elbows in the history of wrestling.

McDonough won't place!

you gotta wonder if after all the years of high level wrestling that he is just mentally not in it like he once was....along with the fact that some new faces that are just as tough but maybe hungrier are in his path.....was his defeat at the big 10's to much to overcome in this case?

2nd place sucks more than any other place. If his career is over, stupid move to throw it away. If he rebounds like schultz did or gable did after he lost his senior year...then the medal deserves to be in the trash. I remember my first freestyle medal. I was proud. I remember my first gold too. Then the standard went up. He personally isn't my favorite but I sincerely hope it was an act of motivation rather than disgust.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.