Possible epic matchups next year and who wins

datdude

I was thinking that indiana could have some outstanding macthes if the best decide to go after the best next year ala dake/taylor. Who wins these macthes

Forte vs Lecount

Robinson vs Bernard

Wilson vs Micic (considering that wilson keep getting better fast state champ in 3rd year wrestling)

James vs Forte

Just a few im sure there are many more. Any thoughts?

Micic vs. Red would be a good one

Not really.... A truly good matchup would be Rudy Yates(IL 3A champ) and CJ Red. If CJ goes to Flo maybe we see it... I'm not quite sure why anyone would think that Micic vs Red would be that close.  The intermat #1 at 113 vs #6 at 106. Miguel Silva(2012 fargo champ) ranked #7 at 106 lost to Yates 5-1 in the IL 3A state final. So in effect Yates vs. Red would be #6 vs #7.

As far as Micic and Hughs, no chance their at the same weight next year. So the only chance you'll have to see that matchup is to come have a seat at RWA.

Not really.... A truly good matchup would be Rudy Yates(IL 3A champ) and CJ Red. If CJ goes to Flo maybe we see it... I'm not quite sure why anyone would think that Micic vs Red would be that close.  The intermat #1 at 113 vs #6 at 106. Miguel Silva(2012 fargo champ) ranked #7 at 106 lost to Yates 5-1 in the IL 3A state final. So in effect Yates vs. Red would be #6 vs #7.

As far as Micic and Hughs, no chance their at the same weight next year. So the only chance you'll have to see that matchup is to come have a seat at RWA.

I usually dont comment on personal veiws stated on this board, but I have noticed that you doubt lil red often. He couldnt beat sinkovics, he is not as good as the yates kid, he cant wrestle with micic. Are you kidding i dont think he gave up a take down all year. Micic did in the finals. Am I saying that he would beat micic, no, but to think he cant compete with him is insane imo. Lil red was just as dominate as anyone all season long. This kid is super tough and I believe in three years we will be calling him one of the greatest to ever compete in our great state. Im not wanting to start a pissing contest but give this kid some credit, he has done nothing but kick a## and take names for several years now.

I usually dont comment on personal veiws stated on this board, but I have noticed that you doubt lil red often. He couldnt beat sinkovics, he is not as good as the yates kid, he cant wrestle with micic. Are you kidding i dont think he gave up a take down all year. Micic did in the finals. Am I saying that he would beat micic, no, but to think he cant compete with him is insane imo. Lil red was just as dominate as anyone all season long. This kid is super tough and I believe in three years we will be calling him one of the greatest to ever compete in our great state. Im not wanting to start a pissing contest but give this kid some credit, he has done nothing but kick a## and take names for several years now.

No pissing matches, just my opinion. As your post is your opinion. But, your perception of my opinion of CJ is way off. His State Championship was well deserved. My compairison between him and Rudy Yates is proof that I have a high opinion of his ability. Both nationally top 10 talents and a far better compairison than Red and Micic. But as far as either of them in a match with Micic, no chance IMO... You may be right about his career, only time will tell. He's a real good kid and I hope the best for him. But that won't make me look through the clouds and make distorted silly compairisons. It's not about who gave up a take down and who didn't.... Micic is ranked #1 in the US a weight up from CJ. Now I ask you, do you really think that's a fair compairison? Not in reality... Yates also faced more nationally ranked wrestlers this year than CJ, that's a fact, that's why I would pick Yates in that matchup. Yates is registered for Flo, so we will see how that goes... maybe CJ gets in and we see....

I believe he was taken down in the first period of his semi final match at Mater Dei by the wrestler from Louisville St Xavier  ;)

No pissing matches, just my opinion. As your post is your opinion. But, your perception of my opinion of CJ is way off. His State Championship was well deserved. My compairison between him and Rudy Yates is proof that I have a high opinion of his ability. Both nationally top 10 talents and a far better compairison than Red and Micic. But as far as either of them in a match with Micic, no chance IMO... You may be right about his career, only time will tell. He's a real good kid and I hope the best for him. But that won't make me look through the clouds and make distorted silly compairisons. It's not about who gave up a take down and who didn't.... Micic is ranked #1 in the US a weight up from CJ. Now I ask you, do you really think that's a fair compairison? Not in reality... Yates also faced more nationally ranked wrestlers this year than CJ, that's a fact, that's why I would pick Yates in that matchup. Yates is registered for Flo, so we will see how that goes... maybe CJ gets in and we see....

Was it a fair comparison last year when people were calling for a Micic/Brooks macthup? Seeing as though Brooks was the top ranked 113er and Micic was not the top 106. I dont recall any "Brooks is number 1 a weight higher and he will destroy Micic." Only, "it would be a good macth but brooks would win." Is Micic that much better this year than Brooks was last year? Because the 9th & 10th grade Micic is not that much better than Red (if at all). I would love to see them wrestle and or roll around. I know that Micic is an uberstud but I cant see why CJ cant wrestle with him. Just my opinion no disrespect to anyone. Did Yates place at super 32? CJ did and wrstled the #1 kid really tough.

I was thinking that indiana could have some outstanding macthes if the best decide to go after the best next year ala dake/taylor. Who wins these macthes

Forte vs Lecount

Robinson vs Bernard

Wilson vs Micic (considering that wilson keep getting better fast state champ in 3rd year wrestling)

James vs Forte

Just a few im sure there are many more. Any thoughts?

Vinny vs McKloskey

Hughs vs James

Steveson vs McKloskey

Zach Davis vs Red

Austin Mcklosky vs Ben Stewart

James vs Wilson

Cash vs Micac

I would love to see a James/Wilson macth, diferent styles as Wilson is super slick on his feet and James an absolute hammer on top.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.