jarred brooks

BBW2009

brooks will be fighting on april 13th at the century center in south bend. pro- am fights with 24 fights on the card. lil brooks is !!-0 in his mma career and will be fighting jj gilmer for the title. come out and see this kid do some serious work in the cage as he looks too defend his belt. need tickets contact    robert.ford@zimmer.com or call 574-453-6237

brooks will be fighting on april 13th at the century center in south bend. pro- am fights with 24 fights on the card. lil brooks is !!-0 in his mma career and will be fighting jj gilmer for the title. come out and see this kid do some serious work in the cage as he looks too defend his belt. need tickets contact    robert.ford@zimmer.com or call 574-453-6237

Should be a great fight JJ has a lot of experience trained with Jake Nealy for a long time!Anyone have his record? I believe Jared will pull it off with some Ground and Pound

Records for regionally known MMA guys aren't hard to find.  Accurate records on the other hand are.  Looks like Gilmer is 10-4 as an Amature and has no Pro record.

He has fought a lot more times than that a couple. years ago he was fighting every weekend. i have seen about 10 of hi fights and know he has a lot more I would say he has atleast 30 fights ammy plus pro.He has a lot of experience and great take down defense .Heavy hitter.Should go the distance.

Like I said records for regional fighters are hard to account for.  If its not a very legit show the main MMa sights wont accept the win or in some cases the fights for a legit show just dont get report.  Makes it really hard to verify even some of the "pro" records let alone "ammy" ones. 

Like I said records for regional fighters are hard to account for.  If its not a very legit show the main MMa sights wont accept the win or in some cases the fights for a legit show just dont get report.  Makes it really hard to verify even some of the "pro" records let alone "ammy" ones.

Thanks! Since its now sanctioned you would think accurate records would be able to get. That's right they started a lot of fighters records after the sanctioning JJ fought atleast 25 fights before the sanctioning. I still think Jared will pull it off but its not going to be easy.JJ was an ex Portage wrestler he has strong defence and hands. It will be awsome I think I'm going to have to make the trip I've been wanting to see Kraus fight.Who else is on this card

• 4 weeks later...

jarred wont be competing, jj has been really sick and really hasnt been able too train for the fight. jarred was looking forward too the fight but these things happen. its hard too find lil brooks a fight in indiana at 125

he will be competing on the 27th of april outside of chicago.  Babes and brawls at  a strip club  ill have more info later  he has fought at 135 but is still giving up considerable amount of weight for that class. he walks around at 123-125 has a fight on youtube, babes and brawls where he lost the fight too richard day by decision. if you watch the fight jarred actually controlled the whole fight from begining too end and that was at 135 we tried too get a rematch but it hasnt happened yet

he will be competing on the 27th of april outside of chicago.  Babes and brawls at  a strip club  ill have more info later  he has fought at 135 but is still giving up considerable amount of weight for that class. he walks around at 123-125 has a fight on youtube, babes and brawls where he lost the fight too richard day by decision. if you watch the fight jarred actually controlled the whole fight from begining too end and that was at 135 we tried too get a rematch but it hasnt happened yet

sounds like a great time goodluck there.

• 1 month later...

yes he will be competing on june 1st against andrew furgeson at colesium combat then he will looking for a show in indy for july

How come lil Brooks pulled out of the fight against Fergusen?  I was really looking forward to that!

• 3 weeks later...

Jarred took a fight this weekend on a days notice for another belt in holland michigan against 6-0 isaac flores. jarred actually fought into the second round for once in 16 fights and put the guy too sleep at 42 seconds in the second with an arm triangle    this will probably be his last ammy fight due too he has sponsers that want him too go to the next level!! he will be leaving on the 11th for frankie edgars camp on the east coast too train with some of the best in the world

Jarred took a fight this weekend on a days notice for another belt in holland michigan against 6-0 isaac flores. jarred actually fought into the second round for once in 16 fights and put the guy too sleep at 42 seconds in the second with an arm triangle    this will probably be his last ammy fight due too he has sponsers that want him too go to the next level!! he will be leaving on the 11th for frankie edgars camp on the east coast too train with some of the best in the world

He's had a great career so far hopefully he can keep it up.  Does going pro with sponsors then end his ability to wrestle at the level level?  I'm not well versed on all of the NCAA rules regarding this, especially at the lower levels.

Nice win!  He really has 16 fights?  Thats awesome, he hasnt lost correct?

brooks is 7-0 in sanctioned fights and 17-1 on career record. lost too richerd day of chicago at 135. the fight is on youtube under babes and brawls and you can clearly see that jarred won the fight but was denied by the chicago judges. that was his 1st fight out of the 1st period in his career

• 2 months later...

"bam bam" brooks fights friday night august 23rd at covelesky stadium in south bend outdoor event. he fights former penn and IU wrestler chris tanner for jarreds mfl belt. doors open at 6 fights start at 8.    5 title fights on this card dont miss it

• 4 months later...