State Observations

spiralride1

1.) No pre-state shaved ice threads??

2.) 4 over 1s. How many happened? I know I called one (Wedding @132). Glad to see him place again. It seemed he had a looong year/road.

3.) HEADLOCKS, HEADLOCKAS, and more HEADLOCKS!!! I was shocked at the amount of these I saw. It was an epidemic! I must say it was quite surprising to see such an old fashion move be so deadly. It has not been like this in the past.

4.) Finals celebrations. From Sandefer & Humphrey break dancing to Chaflant peeling his straps and flexing...There wasn't much celebrating, but who's was the best?

5.) Seating arrangements. I for one had to sit in a different place every session. Is anyone else annoyed by "squatters"? I wasn't even in the first or second tiers. Leave my nosebleed seats alone man!!!  ;D

6.) I loved the competition and parody in the finals. Malloy was said to be a "lock" and his match went to the wire as did Micic's. The Hughes vs. Wilson match was a surprise (to most). And kudos on the best finals match goes to Welch vs Crume. Too bad someone had to lose that one.

Squatters were RIDICULOUS.  I was in line for the final session an hour before they opened the doors, and because of the "feel up" everyone was getting which took forever...I couldn't find 4 seats in the lower bowl.  However, the JUMBO TRON was awesome.  Better than sitting matside!!

Squatters were RIDICULOUS.  I was in line for the final session an hour before they opened the doors, and because of the "feel up" everyone was getting which took forever...I couldn't find 4 seats in the lower bowl.  However, the JUMBO TRON was awesome.  Better than sitting matside!!

Good call on the Jumbo Tron! Add that to the list. Great addition!

we really dont need celebrations as a great mentor to me and a person I will alwasy look up to Coach P. always told me act like you have been there before haha look how andrew howe acted when he won his championships.

Red wasn't celebrating.... He was showing off his Olympic talent, since gymnastics would be his only way in now.

I advocate win like you've been there before. But heck..it's state...I wanna see a back flip.

*Before they dropped wrestling*

Are we telling Americans not to run around with the American flag drapped over their shoulders? They've worked hard, they've earned it, let'em celebrate!!

Surely we aren't going to bash a 14 year old kid on how he celebrates winning a state title?

Seems like they were bashing celebrating. Not anyone in particular... With that said, I say as long as it isn't a 30 second celebration, then let them have their 10 seconds of fun.

Seems like they were bashing celebrating. Not anyone in particular... With that said, I say as long as it isn't a 30 second celebration, then let them have their 10 seconds of fun.

When you have professional athletes celebrating making a tackle, a slam dunk(you know, just doing their jobs) hard for these actions to not influence a kid imho.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.