Indiana / Illinois Senior Duals

Chi Town Hustler

It will depend on who shows up for Illinois.  It seems they take the event more seriously when it is held in Illinois.

This is the KEY issue. If the following lineup shows up for ILLINOIS, it's going to be a long day for the INDIANA squad.

106lbs: 2A --Nkosi Moody, Sr. Nationally Ranked.

113lbs: 2A --Tommy Pawelski, Sr. Signed with Stanford.

120lbs: 2A--BJ McGee, Sr. Natonally Ranked, signed with Mizzou; 3A Sebastian Pique, Sr. in/out of the National Rankings.

126lbs: 2A-Cameron Kennedy, Sr. or Jordan Laster, Sr., signed with Princeton. 3A--Jordan Northrop, in/out of the National Rankings

132lbs: 3A George Fisher, Sr. Nationally Ranked, signed with Michigan.

138lbs: 3A Dem Spraggins, Sr. in/out National Rankings. 3A Cullen Cummings, Sr.

145lbs: 3A Wade Lardy, Sr. Runner-up to Bryce Brill. 3A Justin Weber, Sr., signed with Wisconsin.

152lbs: 3A Kyle Langenderfer, 2X State Champ, Nationally Ranked; Brian Murphy, Sr., Ranked 2nd in the nation, signed with Michigan.

160lbs: 3A CJ Brucki, Sr., or Hunter Rollins, Sr. 2A Vosburgh, Friedman, or Frazier.

170lbs: 3A Colin Holler, Sr. Nationally Ranked, signed with S.Dakota St.; Dan Rowland, Sr. State Runner-up

182lbs: 3A Joe Arioloa, Sr., Nationally Ranked and State Champion.

195lbs: 3A Ricky Robertson, Sr., Nationally Ranked-signed with Wisconsin (I believe?); Jordan Ellingwood, Sr., Nationally Ranked and has beaten Sliga in the past...but Sliga has beaten him too, if I recall?

220lbs: 3A Tom Howell, Sr. State Champion.

285lbs: 3A Andrew Geers, Sr., lost to Brian Allen-one of the nation's best HWT's who is a junior.

This list doesn't have the 1A wrestlers included but there are many strong 1A kids.

Allot of it just comes down to numbers.....Chicagoland has far more top notch wrestling clubs than the big Indiana Cities.  It is tough to be the best factory of basketball talent in the midwest and then also produce the best wrestling talent.  With that said Indiana Wrestling has come a long way in the last 25 years.

This is the KEY issue. If the following lineup shows up for ILLINOIS, it's going to be a long day for the INDIANA squad.

106lbs: 2A --Nkosi Moody, Sr. Nationally Ranked.

113lbs: 2A --Tommy Pawelski, Sr. Signed with Stanford.

120lbs: 2A--BJ McGee, Sr. Natonally Ranked, signed with Mizzou; 3A Sebastian Pique, Sr. in/out of the National Rankings.

126lbs: 2A-Cameron Kennedy, Sr. or Jordan Laster, Sr., signed with Princeton. 3A--Jordan Northrop, in/out of the National Rankings

132lbs: 3A George Fisher, Sr. Nationally Ranked, signed with Michigan.

138lbs: 3A Dem Spraggins, Sr. in/out National Rankings. 3A Cullen Cummings, Sr.

145lbs: 3A Wade Lardy, Sr. Runner-up to Bryce Brill. 3A Justin Weber, Sr., signed with Wisconsin.

152lbs: 3A Kyle Langenderfer, 2X State Champ, Nationally Ranked; Brian Murphy, Sr., Ranked 2nd in the nation, signed with Michigan.

160lbs: 3A CJ Brucki, Sr., or Hunter Rollins, Sr. 2A Vosburgh, Friedman, or Frazier.

170lbs: 3A Colin Holler, Sr. Nationally Ranked, signed with S.Dakota St.; Dan Rowland, Sr. State Runner-up

182lbs: 3A Joe Arioloa, Sr., Nationally Ranked and State Champion.

195lbs: 3A Ricky Robertson, Sr., Nationally Ranked-signed with Wisconsin (I believe?); Jordan Ellingwood, Sr., Nationally Ranked and has beaten Sliga in the past...but Sliga has beaten him too, if I recall?

220lbs: 3A Tom Howell, Sr. State Champion.

285lbs: 3A Andrew Geers, Sr., lost to Brian Allen-one of the nation's best HWT's who is a junior.

This list doesn't have the 1A wrestlers included but there are many strong 1A kids.

If their line up closely resembles this, it could get ugly!

Sliga beat him this past summer at Fila Cadets to earn a spot on the national team.  Not sure of when else they wrestled.  Robertson was down at least 1 weight class at Fargo.

152lbs: 3A Kyle Langenderfer, 2X State Champ

Is coached by Tim Ortiz former Belmont palce winner and Brian Allen is coached by his brother Jason Hayes and James Leavell of Indiana as well. 

So maybe Indiana is going to win on some level haha

152lbs: 3A Kyle Langenderfer, 2X State Champ

Is coached by Tim Ortiz former Belmont palce winner and Brian Allen is coached by his brother Jason Hayes and James Leavell of Indiana as well. 

So maybe Indiana is going to win on some level haha

didn't tiny t-shirts beat him like a red headed step child last year ?

This was my first year spent in Illinois for an entire varsity wrestling season and like I've said for many years, Indiana's top guys can compete with Illinois' top guys...the difference is, after that "top guy" in Illinois, there is another 3, 4, or 5 top guys behind him whereas in Indiana, the numbers are not there. Add to that, over the past few years, Illinois can make claim as the Number 1 wrestling state in the country over Ohio and Pennsylvania based upon Cadet/Junior Duals and Fargo results.

The depth is amazing over there, Illinois has schools with 3500 or 4000 students as far as the eye can see it seems. When I look at the breakdown of 1A, 2A, and 3A in Illinois and compare it to Indiana, I see Illinois' 2A being very comparable in talent, numbers, etc. but that's not to say that Indiana wrestlers couldn't defeat some 3A kids, it's just a numbers issue.  :)

didn't tiny t-shirts beat him like a red headed step child last year ?

Majored him, I believe? Of course, Jason did that to a lot of good wrestlers last year. Evidently, Illinois sees something in him, they signed him on for next year.

I thought Ellingwood and Sliga split but I may be mistaken...at any rate, it would be a good match-up.

im guesing we can win 4-5 weight classes

I remeber a few years ago ( 2008 ) we took it to them - and ole dewey made big ramos like a jr high wrasler -

i saw 145 - 195 - hwt we win - yjrow a upsat

I remember that too!!! That was a great match!!!

Cosgrove put a beating a Ramos 08. I believe he majored him. Ramos never really recovered from that butt-whipping.

hahaha, you got that right, B.

Too much funk and strength from the standing position, he couldn't score!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.