126 Championship match

AJ

Crume and Welch put on a great show... that was an amazing match... one of the matches I am sure will get brought up every year when we talk about great championship matches

Crume and Welch put on a great show... that was an amazing match... one of the matches I am sure will get brought up every year when we talk about great championship matches

The scrammles were outstanding I'm sure Welch is tore up but he should be proud best match of the finals in my opinion and officiated amazing

I thought the overall calibur of both wrestlers made that one of the better matchups.  We of course had Crume in the finals and there were emotions involved in the match.  I thought going into the finals a few of the best MATCH UPS were...

120: Wilson vs. Hughes (style match up:  Wilson-EXPLOSIVE vs. Hughes-HAMMER ON TOP)

126: Crume vs. Welch (Both are hard to score on, quick, and both are outstanding mat wrestlers as well.)

138: Forte vs. Blanton (style match up: Forte-solid position vs. Blanton-Funk Master)

152: Farrell vs. Corsaro (both were last years 2nd placers in their weight class)

170: Stevenson vs. LeFever (outstanding bigger athletes/wrestle like 145 pounders)

I am not saying these ended up being the BEST matches, just amazing match ups.

Really great match, and you have to love the effort these guys gave and the risk they took with so much on the line.  This match made my night.  I'm now fans of these guys.  Also so Welch is not win the state champion match, but he still is a champion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.