most impressive wrestler at state finals

ikillbambi

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Write in vote.

Zach Davis. He only lost to micic by 2. Sliga and lecount were both heavy favorite. Davis came in with two tech fall losses to micic then gave him all he wanted. Only wrestler during the state tourny not to get pinned by micic and he wrestled to win. Also forte should very much be mentioned.

Write in vote.

Zach Davis. He only lost to micic by 2. Sliga and lecount were both heavy favorite. Davis came in with two tech fall losses to micic then gave him all he wanted. Only wrestler during the state tourny not to get pinned by micic and he wrestled to win. Also forte should very much be mentioned.

How did the scoring go in the Davis vs Micic match?

I think it was 9-7. Don't remember exactly but davis had 2 takedowns

My vote goes to Zach Davis as well . Takes out Cottey , Knapp and only loses to Micic by 2, very impressive state tournament. I was very impressed with Grant Martsolf of Mishawaka as well , making it into the Finals.

Write in vote..... Chad Red Jr. Kid dominated all day. I believe he has a legit shot to be another 4 timer

Not saying that it won't happen, but how many freshman 103 or 105 pound state champs grow a bit and never repeat the task or only one more time.  Quite a few that I can think of.  The young man is quite impressive though.

Forte was sloppy, if the Ref would have been in the right place he would have been pinned on one of his tilts, he pinned himself, I was sitting in section 16 and could see it.

My vote is lecount or walker, walker got screwed. Davis did great to.

I noticed a few wrestlers (mostly none champions) whose original starting position had them going out first or second round.  However, they instead wrestled a great tournament, beat out some of the top guys in the state and in doing so secured an high spot on the podium.  I'd need to glance back over my brackets when I have a moment to point out all of them, but they deserve some credit for a great tournament run too.

Forte was sloppy, if the Ref would have been in the right place he would have been pinned on one of his tilts, he pinned himself, I was sitting in section 16 and could see it.

My vote is lecount or walker, walker got screwed. Davis did great to.

Walker did not get screwed, it was a judgement call and could have gone either way. Forte won a dominate match. If he was pinned idk, but he got off to a big lead on a great wrestler, so if thats sloppy, I wish I used to wrestle that sloppy...

Walker did not get screwed, it was a judgement call and could have gone either way. Forte won a dominate match. If he was pinned idk, but he got off to a big lead on a great wrestler, so if thats sloppy, I wish I used to wrestle that sloppy...

screwed?  Time was out and it wasnt two.  nevertheless, he looked great.  but screwed, no. 

Zach Davis gets my vote also...

You did one hell of a job Zach! You shut a lot of mouths...

Regards,

Your Jimtown Buddys!

LOL..... Really?? Who's mouths would those be?? How do you shut mouths in a losing effort? By not losing by such a wide margin the third time??  ::) please.... I'd commend Davis for keeping it closer this time, but who's hand was raised in the end?

I noticed a few wrestlers (mostly none champions) whose original starting position had them going out first or second round.  However, they instead wrestled a great tournament, beat out some of the top guys in the state and in doing so secured an high spot on the podium.  I'd need to glance back over my brackets when I have a moment to point out all of them, but they deserve some credit for a great tournament run too.

Agreed...the two that come to my mind are Allen at 195 and Garland at 285...both fourth at Semi State and both wrestled under the lights...not too shaby

LOL..... Really?? Who's mouths would those be?? How do you shut mouths in a losing effort? By not losing by such a wide margin the third time??  ::) please.... I'd commend Davis for keeping it closer this time, but who's hand was raised in the end?

Judging by the fact there were about 3 or 4 threads saying Micic would pin or tech everyone and that he'd be most dominate at state, and Davis took him down twice only losing by 2 points... I'd say Davis made some more people believers. He wrestled great.

Write in vote..... Chad Red Jr. Kid dominated all day. I believe he has a legit shot to be another 4 timer

He might have a legit shot at 4, but since when is a 4-0 win dominate..Dominate is a pinfall in the finals in 30 seconds. My vote is Sliga

Well obviously it's not your mouth...

Did you say "It will be a tech fall or a pin"?

Dont know whether it would be called most impressive, but what about Mitch Sliga's teammate Seth Riley..Was not even ranked all year and had Massongale on his back and winning before he was stuck also winning his match for 3rd before getting stuck, anyway what a run and finishing 4th.

Dont know whether it would be called most impressive, but what about Mitch Sliga's teammate Seth Riley..Was not even ranked all year and had Massongale on his back and winning before he was stuck also winning his match for 3rd before getting stuck, anyway what a run and finishing 4th.

couldnt have said it better myself

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.