EMD, Bellmont no state placers

maligned

EMD and Bellmont have gone a combined 0-3 and are officially out with no state placers.

These are typically the two largest crowds at state and arguably the two most wrestling-focused communities in the state.  Strange year for both with such young teams.  I expect an uptick from both next year; I don't ever remember a Day 2 with no EMD or Bellmont.

Yep!! It is going to be a fun ride these next few years for Mater Dei and Bellmont.

It's always a little more interesting for all of us when the "bad guys" are being a little more "bad"...(and by that, I mean, wrestling well).  Looking forward to the re-establishment of the evil alliance.  :)

It's always a little more interesting for all of us when the "bad guys" are being a little more "bad"...(and by that, I mean, wrestling well).  Looking forward to the re-establishment of the evil alliance.  :)

i think its just fine theyre down. Could stay that way for a couple of decades as far as im concerned. Wont happen but a guy can dream.

i think its just fine theyre down. Could stay that way for a couple of decades as far as im concerned. Wont happen but a guy can dream.

Or you can dream of being a part of a successful program and tradition instead of hating them. You don't see MD or Bellmont wishing Perry Meridian sucked right now.

The tide has turned - not as much as it used to booing MD wrestlers.

Crown Point kinda hit the brakes

I see Meeryville will be strong for a few more years

AnD lEroy has a got a few good yound ones too

I still tinks we get 3 golds for lake county

Or you can dream of being a part of a successful program and tradition instead of hating them. You don't see MD or Bellmont wishing Perry Meridian sucked right now.

Its so personal with you. Lol. You should relish the villian role. What fun is it if everyone loves and respects you?

I just looked this up in "Echos of the Elder".  It ends at 2002, so if there was a year that one of them didn't have a placer between 2002 and 2013, then these numbers are off.  I'm almost positive that they both have had at least one in each of those years, but let me know if I'm wrong.  Also the numbers came from me just looking through the years and finding a qualifier and moving on, again sorry if I missed one. So...

Last time Belmont didn't have a placer prior to this year 1990. They also had a streak from 1974 to 1989 prior to 1990.

Last time EVMD didn't have one was 1975.

Last time that neither had one was 1973.

Pretty amazing if you think about it.  This year broke a streak that was 40 years long. Two great programs, it will be cool to see them rebound in the coming years.

This was, by far, the most surprising happening of the IHSAA Finals. I kept going through the scores in the paper on Sunday looking to see points from either school. I hope these programs come back with a vengence. IHSAA Wrestling needs these two programs to be relevant.

Dunno if I agree with that statement...both programs are prestigious and should be back on top in a year or so but if they for some reason arnt some other school will step in and fill the void.

I dont think it will be a problem though Schaffer and Faurote are GREAT coaches and know what they are doing just had a down year give the guys some time to do what they do best.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.