New Castle semi-state wins every round

maligned

It's still very possible that Merrillville will have the most champs, but New Castle's performance is even more impressive considering that Boston, Giffin and Gilliam were all returning state placers that could've elevated the semi-state even more, but didn't participate for reasons not related to graduation or injury....nice work by all of Indiana's best wrestlers and especially New Castle's representatives

Wow they do know how to wrestle in Da Southen REGION ... Lot more talent coming in the next two yrs .. NC will always be competitive and hard to beat with all those Cherry Pickers ...  Not complaining , but just the facts !

People wonder why warren didn't get second. They come from the toughest sectional. Draw into the toughest regional. Then into the best semi state. Not too mention a good friend of mine told me the WC 182 suffered a torn acl in the ticket round at the semi state. Considering he beat the guy who placed third 2x I'd say they score more there also. I know they had one state champ 120 can't think of his name. But their other three place winners all lost to the state champs. So you can't say they had good draws!

All I can say is " CIA - Ed Pendowski = bring home medals"

Not taking away anything from Ed Pendowski but there are some great coaches in Central Indiana.  Red of New Palestine, Williams of Warren Central, Moss of Ben Davis, and without question Coach Tonte of Perry Meridian.  (Do not mean to exclude anyone- great season to all the coaches in the state)

A majority of the population of Indiana lives in Central Indiana followed by the Region so of course with more wrestlers the greater opportunity for state champions and placers.  But as a whole the entire state of Indiana is getting better at wrestling which I am excited to see the continued improvement carried into next season.

Really good I feel like in the semi state debate Evansville is always underrated they have a lot of depth.

I think every semi-state has depth and is good.  I like seeing the diversity in styles of wrestling throughout region to region in the state.  One thing I like about EMD (just like Perry and other schools) they are always in good position and aren't necessarily flashy but they don't beat themselves.  If you beat one of their wrestlers it is because you took the match from them. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.