Coaching Trees

PURDUEdad

Franklin Community's Bob Hasseman has 3 former wrestlers now coaching their own state qualifiers as head coaches in this year's tournament.

Indian Creek's Pat Dowty, Edgewood's Greg Ratliff and of course Mishawaka's Bryce Hasseman all wrestled for Bob Hasseman at Franklin.

I'm sure this is nothing new, but it would be interesting to hear of others with similar coaching trees alive and well in this year's tournament.

How about the tree that Chauncey McDaniels started.  WOW.  I should start a new post but if you have a tie with Chauncey and coaching please post.  I do. He was my coach in High school so anyone under me has ties with him.  Keep em coming!!

Al Morgan-Warren

The Late John Hurrle of Tech

Dave Holman of Southport

lets keep the ball rolling.......

Carl Schaum at Madison

Ken Brunner Madison Head Coach

Ray Black Madison Asst and Head Coach

Rodney Skinner Scottsburg Head Coach

Keith Lauterbaugh Southwestern Head Coach

Tyson Skinner Scottsburg Asst, Head Coach-Madison Head Coach

Shawn Keitzman Head Coach Southwestern-Scottsburg Asst Coach

Derek Black Madison Head Coach

Dustin Bentz-Madison head Coach, asst coach

Jason McAfee-Madison Asst Coach

Mark Jackson Switzerland Co Asst Coach

Matt Clark Switzerland Co Asst Coach

Barry Humble has spread his wings quite well into the coaching community.  There are many former wrestlers of his coaching now.

I would be interested to see how many current coaches were coached by Barry.  Adams Central, Northrop, South Side, and New Haven.  It should be quite a big list.

How about the tree that Chauncey McDaniels started.  WOW.  I should start a new post but if you have a tie with Chauncey and coaching please post.  I do. He was my coach in High school so anyone under me has ties with him.  Keep em coming!!

Al Morgan-Warren

The Late John Hurrle of Tech

Dave Holman of Southport

lets keep the ball rolling.......

Beech Grove's first three head coaches all had ties with Chauncey:  Tommy Thompson, Bill Bane, and Pete McNamara.

I thought I might bring up Randy Kearby’s name in this conversation! A lot of us are still early in our careers, so there aren’t as many head coaches, but I think many are on their way!

From Columbia City

Blane Culp – Head Coach at Columbia City

Kyler Kearby – Head Coach at Western Boone

Josh Curry – Assistant at Franklin Central

Peter Deutsch – Assistant at Bloomington North

Kyle Wood – Assistant at Huntington North

From Bluffton

Kam Meyer – Heritage

Curt Funk – Mississinewa

Ben Sprunger – Assistant at Virginia Military Institute

Robbie Morgan used to be at West Noble and Randy Pursley just resigned from Homestead

Sorry if I missed anyone! I double checked with Kyler and Blane so hopefully all names and positions are right!

Bellmont's Coach Faurote has coached the following wrestlers who are now coaching:

Tim Myers- Bellmont High School

Sean Faurote- Bellmont Middle School

Brian Anderson- Wabash College

Jason Hayes- Hinsdale Central High School (Illinois)

Tim Ortiz- Lincoln Way East High School (Illinois)

Brandon Razo- Bellmont Middle School

Matt Irwin- Beech Grove High School

Jeff Heller- South Adams High School

Ben Bultemeier- Woodlan High School

Tony Girod- Woodlan High School

Doug Linthicum- Muncie Southside

These are current coaches, I know there have been others in the past.

I'm not sure, but isn't Yorktown's coach from Delta? Craig Campbell was at Jay County when we had D.J. Radnovich at State, and one of my best friends of all time Chris Campbell is back in the swing of things at Greenwood. I'm sure there are more.

John barnett

I thought I might bring up Randy Kearby’s name in this conversation! A lot of us are still early in our careers, so there aren’t as many head coaches, but I think many are on their way!

From Columbia City

Blane Culp – Head Coach at Columbia City

Kyler Kearby – Head Coach at Western Boone

Josh Curry – Assistant at Franklin Central

Peter Deutsch – Assistant at Bloomington North

Kyle Wood – Assistant at Huntington North

From Bluffton

Kam Meyer – Heritage

Curt Funk – Mississinewa

Ben Sprunger – Assistant at Virginia Military Institute

Robbie Morgan used to be at West Noble and Randy Pursley just resigned from Homestead

Sorry if I missed anyone! I double checked with Kyler and Blane so hopefully all names and positions are right!

Kearby also coached former Homestead High School head coach Randy Pursley to a state title at Bluffton.

I was hoping to have the elder statesmen of coaching ranks get on here and talk about the ole Chauncy McDaniels and his branches;  I will continue on.  Phil Strader, the only other coach in the history of Perry Meridian, coached under Chauncey at Southport before the schools split.

Phil was a big contributor to Indiana wrestling at the national level.  I know that he is very upset about the Olympics.  more Chauncey coaches!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.