Micic

bidfarewell

Micic will be the most dominate at his weight. He won't get a desent match in the tournament. The race for second from the top of the bracket should be a good one. Then we'll see if Micic desides to end the final early with a pin or put on a Howe like show for the crowd. If it's a scoring affair, the spread is 16 points and the over under is 27 points....

After watching him the second have of the season, I really don't think Drew Hughs will lose another match at 120.

I have seen a Mater Dei kid mess around and get headlocked by a certain Billy Naegle. He should just finish the match early. Some kids may not have the technique for an open door, but if you give them a window they may be tough enough to finish you. I saw Jason on his back at regionals the ref started counting for a second. Anything can happen.

I have seen a Mater Dei kid mess around and get headlocked by a certain Billy Naegle. He should just finish the match early. Some kids may not have the technique for an open door, but if you give them a window they may be tough enough to finish you. I saw Jason on his back at regionals the ref started counting for a second. Anything can happen.

bingo......don't ever mess around if you can finish it.......seen it to many times......take down, cut him......take down, cut him.......take down cut him......get thrown in a headlock and you're pinned.......why take the chance?

Does anyone think that someone will actually go 6 minutes with Micic? He has to be the most technically sound wrestler in the tournament.

I believe he will either tech fall or pin his way through the tournament.

Holy hyperbole Batman. Sounds like we have a combination of Smith, Gable, Sanderson and Burroughs all in a 113 pound package.

Micic is Ranked number 2 in the Nation. I wanna see who is ranked number one, because I don't see anyone lasting 3 periods with him even in state!!! The kid is a beast!!!

The sophomore kid who beat him at Fargo is ranked #1 - It's a big scary world out there.

If memory serves, it was a close match but Valencia (CA) got him in 2 periods - I'd like to think Micic would win in a rematch.

From what I've seen, Micic is a great ambassador for IN wrestling and could be challenging for a spot on the 2020 Olympic team...

I think winning a second title is accolade enough. Quit putting pressure on a kid to impress you by pinning or teching everyone at state. Win and advance is all a kid has to worry about during this time of year.

i agree the pressure gets to the wrestlers and the atmosphere at bankers life can hit some nerves when your out there wrestling

The sophomore kid who beat him at Fargo is ranked #1 - It's a big scary world out there.

If memory serves, it was a close match but Valencia (CA) got him in 2 periods - I'd like to think Micic would win in a rematch.

From what I've seen, Micic is a great ambassador for IN wrestling and could be challenging for a spot on the 2020 Olympic team...

Agree. This was one great battle between them two but I believe that Micic has become a much better wrestler  since then. Sound on his feet, hard to get to his legs with his hand fighting skills and sound on top. I take Micic on a close one.

Apparently you haven't heard about the 2020 Olympics today, might want to read the other posts. 

weve had a few chances to roll with micic and the kid is the full package!! so wrestling smart and has a takedown arsenal from every angle. my opinion he would walk through the tourney at 120 also.  alex tsirtsis has done amazing thing for this young man and the kid would take any wrestling knowledge thrown at him and find a way too use it too his advantage.  hes the only kid in the nation last year too take jarred down all year in the practice room and jarred gives him the upmost respect!! cant wait too see him compete at the next level. micic would smoke valencia in folkstyle hands down good luck too anyone who has too wrestle him!

weve had a few chances to roll with micic and the kid is the full package!! so wrestling smart and has a takedown arsenal from every angle. my opinion he would walk through the tourney at 120 also.  alex tsirtsis has done amazing thing for this young man and the kid would take any wrestling knowledge thrown at him and find a way too use it too his advantage.  hes the only kid in the nation last year too take jarred down all year in the practice room and jarred gives him the upmost respect!! cant wait too see him compete at the next level. micic would smoke valencia in folkstyle hands down good luck too anyone who has too wrestle him!

^ pretty much says it all. Micic is the real deal.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.