State Picks

BB145

I think a lot of people are overlooking the 182 class. Hurford is the favorite, but that bottom bracket is tough. Just looking at some stuff today and saw this.

Zorniger has a win over Wagner and a win over Moss

Moss has a win over Wagner

Thacker has wins over Massengale and Moss

Wagner beat Massengale

Pfister gave Hurford his toughest match 14-8. Keep in mind Pfister has 3 losses to busse and 1 to Hurford

Throw in Busse (5-4 decision over Thacker) and Massengale who also beat Thacker and this will make for a pretty exciting weight class. My pick is Busse vs. Thacker in the finals. These two have to be the strongest p4p wrestlers at 182.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Major Red, wow I'm gonna say it one time so listen. 4 x state champ and undefeated h.s. career. To bad the olympics took WRestling out. Bigmak you need to change your molloy handley pick. go with your heart! :):D;)

Funny that you say that as it was very difficult to pick molloy over handley... The only reason I did was because I'm not sure what he did to his knee in that championship match and that concerns me. But I will definately be cheering handley on all the way.

106: 1st) Sinkovics over Red

3rd) Lee over Pepple

5th) Mckinney over Garza

7th) Hudkins over Kennedy

113: 1st) Micic over Knapp

3rd) Cottey over Chastain

5th) Davis over Kuhn

7th) Gayfield over Torres

120: 1st) Wilson over Hughes

3rd) Phillips over Lahue

5th) Garcia over Davis

7th) Moser over Martin

126: 1st) Crume over Welch

3rd) Denton over Fuqua

5th) James over Gettinger

7th) Cardenas over Fleener

132: 1st) LeCount over Moss

3rd) Burlison over Baysinger

5th) Krumlauf over Hartman

7th) Martsolf over Lykins

138: 1st) Blanton over Forte

3rd) Carroll over Hupp

5th) Bova over McHugh

7th) Loe over Bartlett

145: 1st) Molloy over Walker

3rd) Kelley over Marci

5th) Handley over Johns

7th) Elsea over Roadruck

152: 1st) Farrell over Bradley

3rd) Corsaro over Schurg

5th) Borta over Partee

7th) Montgomery over Eckert

160: 1st) Hughes over McClurg

3rd) Hiestand over Parkinson

5th) Seitzinger over Gomez

7th) Kriech over Maldonado

170: 1st) Steveson over Lefever

3rd) Floor over Linnear

5th) Neibarger over Sopko

7th) Rickenbaugh over Galvin

182: 1st) Hurford over Masengale

3rd) Thacker over Busse

5th) Wagner over Chambers

7th) Moss over Ludwig

195: 1st) Sliga over Ross

3rd) Fiddler over Ricks

5th) Garringer over Nickell

7th) Webster over Berumen

220: 1st) Robinson over Miller

3rd) Boehm over Tolley

5th) Jones over Hamilton

7th) Hernandez over Lindemann

285: 1st) Bernard over Hemmelgarn

3rd) Winfield over Oglesby

5th) DeMuyt over Streck

7th) Beard over Ramey

106  -  Red, 113  -  Micic, 120  -  Phillips, 126  -  Crume, 132  -  Moss, 138  -  Blanton, 145  -  Molloy, 152  -  Bradley, 160  -  Mccloskey, 170  -  Lefever, 182  -  Hurford, 195  -  SLIGA, 220  -  Hernandez, 285  -  Bernard.

Sinko better not look past this Hudkins kid..  Impressed me for being a freshman. I think Oglesby doesn't even know how good he really is.. If he gets his head right , he may pull off a shocker.. These are my short shots because they both have the talent to win a couple titles.. I dont consider either one a long shot!! ;)

I agree about Hudkins I've seen him as top 5 all year IMO. But, I've been almost in shock with Sinko from the Christmas holiday on, he's been that good and without question gotten better each week. I'm really glad Sinko and Red are on opposite sides, that should be and IMO will be the final at 106. You just can't count out Red, but IMO Sinko wins it. The 4xer and undefeated talk is kinda silly at this point. Remember Cody Phillips?? Was dominate and undefeated as a Fresh and Soph. Flo runner up.. then didn't get another one.

I'm gonna recant my previous pick of Stevenson, and choose Lefever instead. And we thought this kid's brothers were good!! IMO he is the best wrestler in that family and has a good chance to do what Connor or Reece could never do.

I agree about Hudkins I've seen him as top 5 all year IMO. But, I've been almost in shock with Sinko from the Christmas holiday on, he's been that good and without question gotten better each week. I'm really glad Sinko and Red are on opposite sides, that should be and IMO will be the final at 106. You just can't count out Red, but IMO Sinko wins it. The 4xer and undefeated talk is kinda silly at this point. Remember Cody Phillips?? Was dominate and undefeated as a Fresh and Soph. Flo runner up.. then didn't get another one.

the only reason phillips didnt get all four was due to injuries and in that aspect, yes, anything can happen. Had phillips been 100%, nobody would have came close. merry christmas in february to those who benefited.

Had phillips been 100%, nobody would have came close. merry christmas in february to those who benefited.

that is a bold statement... how many wrestlers at state or semistate for that matter, are a full 100%?  Phillips got beat his last two years, I doubt he goes around blaming injuries for his losses.

Phillips was a great high school wrestler, but so were the wrestlers that beat him.

the only reason phillips didnt get all four was due to injuries and in that aspect, yes, anything can happen. Had phillips been 100%, nobody would have came close. merry christmas in february to those who benefited.

He was hurt junior year? And injury or not, I would have taken Ayersman over Phillips. Kyle had amazing defense and was also a pretty good rider. Would have been awesome to see them wrestle last year though.

I'm gonna recant my previous pick of Stevenson, and choose Lefever instead. And we thought this kid's brothers were good!! IMO he is the best wrestler in that family and has a good chance to do what Connor or Reece could never do.

ha  ;D

that is a bold statement... how many wrestlers at state or semistate for that matter, are a full 100%?  Phillips got beat his last two years, I doubt he goes around blaming injuries for his losses.

Phillips was a great high school wrestler, but so were the wrestlers that beat him.

I am a bold man and I truly believe thats why he lost...that being said, of course those other wrestler were great or they wouldnt have been there duh. Its just an injured phillips could beat 95% of everyone else, kudos to those 5% that were able to stay healthy enough to take advantage of the situation. and no, cody doesnt go around blaming injuries, he dont have to. he is exactly where he wants to be regardless. just stating the facts. enjoy them

106: Sinkovics over lee

113: micic over cottey

120: phillips over lahue

126: welch over crume

132: moss over lecount

138: forte over Blanton

145: Molloy over walker

152: Bradley over Farell

160: mcloskey over mclurg

170: Stevenson over lefever

182: massengale over hurford

195: Sliga over Ross

220: Robinson over Miller

285: Bernard over Winfield

Being State that it is year end and year out, I only have what I I think are LOCKS:

113-Micic  who's going to stop him

132-LeCount- another young man on a mission and dominating his field

145-Molloy  Enough said

195-Sliga  BEAST MODE

He was hurt junior year? And injury or not, I would have taken Ayersman over Phillips. Kyle had amazing defense and was also a pretty good rider. Would have been awesome to see them wrestle last year though.

definately was hoping to see that matchup, as most people were. that was going to be the matchup of the year. everyone was waiting on it. i take absolutely nothing from ayersman, he is/was a great wrestler...one of the best, but I still take phillips in a very close, back and forth match

106Red

113Micic

120Wilson

126James

132Lecount

138Forte

145Molloy

152Farrell

160Hughes

170Steveson

182Masengale

195Sliga

220Hernandez

285Bernard/Winfield

I hate to not go with Mc Clurg on this he will be in the finals and has a great shot, another PM guy I think will make the finals Cottey!! Good luck to all Moss I hope your legs better so he has a fair shot at the title. The same with McClosky hope everyone comes in healthy BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!!

106: Sinkovics over lee

113: micic over cottey

120: phillips over lahue

126: welch over crume

132: moss over lecount

138: forte over Blanton

145: Molloy over walker

152: Bradley over Farell

160: mcloskey over mclurg

170: Stevenson over lefever

182: massengale over hurford

195: Sliga over Ross

220: Tolley over Robinson 285: Bernard over Winfield

Connor Knapp looked very good at semi-state.  Do I think he will win?  No.  Do I think Micic will tech everybody?  NO!!!  Connor can give him a match if he doesn't get caught up.  Stick with your prediction!  They're opinions.  I would bet most people don't even get 75% of the champions right.

The differance will be, do Micic's opponents come to win or try to keep it close? That's the question. If they wrestle all Micic's matches will all be tech's or pin.

slight difference between galka and micic. Galka never won it til his junior year. Micic defeated Nathan Boston pretty assuredly. The only reason I think he didn't win his freshman year is because he looked sickly trying to make 103. He is a step ahead of Galka.

Galka won it his freshman year at 103 get your facts straight

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.