FYI -- You want to read this, trust me

Bull Hurley

The word many of you dudes are looking for is DOMINANT D-O-M-I-N-A-N-T,  not dominate.  Dominant is an adjective, dominate is a verb.

The grammar police have arrived. ;D Really?  Of all the grammar mistakes that occur on this board, you find it necessary to start a thread concerning the proper use of the word dominant.  Too funny.  Relax it's social media not an essay to the president.

The word many of you dudes are looking for is DOMINANT D-O-M-I-N-A-N-T,  not dominate.  Dominant is an adjective, dominate is a verb.

Proper sentence structure would have began with "The word that many of you...". You forgot the word "that".

While we're policing grammar...  I see the word "then" used incorrectly more often THAN it is used correctly.  A casual observer may dismiss this as a typo until you see the "a" is not that close to the "e" on the keyboard.  In fact, misuse of these words is so common  that most people no longer have a clue about how they are properly used.

"Then" is related to time.  "Than" relates to a comparison.

If X beat Y once, THEN he can beat him again.

X is stronger and faster and more technical THAN Y.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.