Tough wrestler and shows Class!!

SWwrestling

I am sure there are many tough wrestlers who show a lot of class win or lose around the state so let hear them...

I was so impressed with Forrest Glogouski after wrestling his heart and giving the crowd a great match to watch

ticket round with Schuyler Phillips to see him come back and dominate his way through the wrestle back rounds.

Forrest placed 5th and I'm sure that is not where he planned to be but he never once showed poor sportsmanship!

I had the opportunity to see Forrest and his coach share the pain and emotion of falling short of his wrestling goal,

but wanted to give him, his family and coaching staff props for displaying the attitude of true wrestler!!

Agreed that Mr. G showed a lot of class by coming back and wrestling to his abilities even after falling short of his goal. That is more than i can say for a number of wrestlers who were superior but once they fell into the wrestlebacks they absolutely quit and failed to even compete against inferior competition. Kudos to all the wrestlers who fell short (no matter the round) of their goal and yet gave their all after their loss.  Remember, you find out more about a person in how they respond to defeat rather than how they respond to victory.

I am sure there are many tough wrestlers who show a lot of class win or lose around the state so let hear them...

I was so impressed with Forrest Glogouski after wrestling his heart and giving the crowd a great match to watch

ticket round with Schuyler Phillips to see him come back and dominate his way through the wrestle back rounds.

Forrest placed 5th and I'm sure that is not where he planned to be but he never once showed poor sportsmanship!

I had the opportunity to see Forrest and his coach share the pain and emotion of falling short of his wrestling goal,

but wanted to give him, his family and coaching staff props for displaying the attitude of true wrestler!!

very well said.....i thought the same thing.....while many of the kids after losing in the ticket round kind of slacked off in the consolations (and quite a few didn't even wrestle with injury defaults or ff's) forrest wrestled as hard as if it were the finals.....and showed true sportsmanship......

Kudos to the kid, even throughout the ticket round match when it seemed like everything backfired on him, he never let up. I was impressed with his effort and attitude. That is what high school wrestling is all about. Best of luck next year Mr. G. A lot of other wrestlers and coaches need to take note.

Kayla Miracle lost to a tough oppoment in the ticket round also and she also put forth the effort to place 5th. Indiana coaches are doing their job right and teaching our young men and women that giving maximum effort in life is what it is all about. Congrats.

Forrest Glogouski had an amazing season, has to be a front runner going into next year.  Curious if there has been any ribbing from the younger brother who also had an amazing season and has advanced to State?  The competition at home has to be more than most wrestlers face during their entire high school career.

Also had the pleasure of watching Miracle wrestle during the year, truely a class act, I am sure she will be grabbing more headlines soon.

Needless to say all of us at Fairfield are honored to call Forrest a Falcon!  We appreciate the kind words and the fact that people took the time to mention his class  So often we hear about the poor decisions made by some of our youth.  It's great to see people take the time to mention just one of the many positives about one of our young people.  Whenever you get down and wonder where things are headed, why kids just don't have the class of the past - look around and you will see numerous examples of why we have a great future ahead of us!  Thanks Forrest (and others) for helping to remind why athletics are a GREAT part of the educational system!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.