Congrats Freshman making it to state!

A-Team

And you are making one now by saying Tom Clark made the wrong call here.

Tom clark is not gods gift to referees ....he has made bad calls in his day...that one in the regional match with the beech grove kid being the worst one a lot of people have ever seen....everyone knew it he chose who won that match because it was a takedown for 10 seconds that he didn't give

Tom clark is not gods gift to referees ....he has made bad calls in his day...that one in the regional match with the beech grove kid being the worst one a lot of people have ever seen....everyone knew it he chose who won that match because it was a takedown for 10 seconds that he didn't give

No he is not God's gift to referees...but I will defer to his judgement over a bunch of anonymous posters. If your judgement is superior to his, then take the test, put on the stripes and you go make the calls. The old adage holds true again...if you don't want to let a referee decide a match, then don't put yourself in that position. It is time to move on. Nothing will change anyone's opinion here.

From the stands it appeared to be a terrible call. Clark is allowed to make mistakes everyone is. One way to settle this is. Had it been called a takedown, not a single Perry coach, wrestler, or fan could have been upset or argued about it. It def still wouldn't be a topic right now.

Thank you.  I have never bashed a referee on here, and am not doing that now.  I am stating that it is too bad that Beech Grove kid didn't get his hand raised. He earned that victory.  I f I am behind you with my left hand wrapped around your left knee, and my right hand wrapped on you right knee, and you have one knee and both hands down face down(I am behind you).  That is a takedown, i don't care who refs the match on any level.  I have been around the sport 37 years, and have wrestled at all levels...things happen.  That said, there are many posters on this site from all walks & levels of this sport, and no one that was in that gym will disagree with me here.  I have yet to hear one...just you who apparently did not witness it. 

I have no axe to grind here.  He is a great official.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.