what would you do to get to state?

WrestlingMan2

just watched the replay, and there is no doubt in my mind that it should have been stopped for potentially dangerous..

absolutely correct.....but all of you "adults" on here bashing this kid are pitiful to say the least......none of you can speak for him (although you are all trying) and without a doubt a kid can be hurt in a match and then be able to continue on later.......how many times have you seen a football player get laid out and come limping off the field with the help of his trainers, and then 15 minutes later he's back up going all out......it is the trainers and coaches responsibility to protect our kids and if they said he could not continue at that point, then they made the proper call......what should be discussed here is the ref......he made the call......he is the one that is either right or wrong......was it illegal or potentially dangerous?......in my opinion it should have been potentially dangerous and if he couldn't continue, then he loses......

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

absolutely correct.....but all of you "adults" on here bashing this kid are pitiful to say the least......none of you can speak for him (although you are all trying) and without a doubt a kid can be hurt in a match and then be able to continue on later.......how many times have you seen a football player get laid out and come limping off the field with the help of his trainers, and then 15 minutes later he's back up going all out......it is the trainers and coaches responsibility to protect our kids and if they said he could not continue at that point, then they made the proper call......what should be discussed here is the ref......he made the call......he is the one that is either right or wrong......was it illegal or potentially dangerous?......in my opinion it should have been potentially dangerous and if he couldn't continue, then he loses......

Trainers allowing kids to keep playing with head injuries is huge problem the whole concussion thing

After watching the video I would have to agree its a pretty cheap way to punch your ticket.  he must have had a previous back problem for that little bit of torquing to hurt that bad. That or perhaps he is in the wrong sport. I wonder if it wasn't called an illegal move and just potentially dangerous as it should how fast do you think he would have been able to get up?

Just like to point out that Jones from Concordia couldn't even walk with his left leg and still finished his match against Akers from Northwestern. That match was just for the alternate, not even to go to state. Think Luginbill, who wrestled two more matches and was smiling and pointing to the crowd, could've finished the match if he tried.

Bow and arrow is illegal?

Picture 83, pg. 78 in the book.

The back bow is illegal by application, whether the defensive wrestler is on his/her stomach or hip.

Bow and arrow is just another name for back bow as is the Gable turk. All illegal by application, meaning they are illegal as soon as applied.

In this situation he could have  called potentially dangerous had he been able to stop the move. However, it happened too fast to prevent, therefore, by definition, it can't be called potentially dangerous, it is illegal.

I know quite a bit, thank you very much :)

Good luck to Mr. Luginbill, there is a thing called karma and right now after this week I don't think many hunter or turtle towners are big fans of the family.

If your're going to make snide remarks, rude acusations, and biased opinionated statements at least talk to their family face to face. Don't take full advantage of you owning the site just so you can talk crap about a family you know nothing about. It was the coachs and trainers call to tell him he couldn't finish and obviously if ANY wrestler feels better after getting hurt the past match they'll want to go out and try and wrestle the next match. Don't pick on a 16 year old kid when you're a grown man.

Y2: so what would you have done if Austin McCray was hurt from an illegal move in the ticket round and this exact situation happened? The trainer said he can't continue so you either take the win and have him go to state or let the opponent win. I don't see you letting the other opponent win.

Y2,

My quoting of the rule was a response to Jimtown's post. But I watched the tape, that was not a turk or a bow and arrow but was still what is considered a back bow. Please understand, I am not making any comments or judgements on what was called or not called or what happened following the penalty. Just mearly trying to help people understand the rule that was applied.

Y2: so what would you have done if Austin McCray was hurt from an illegal move in the ticket round and this exact situation happened? The trainer said he can't continue so you either take the win and have him go to state or let the opponent win. I don't see you letting the other opponent win.

If the trainer says he can't continue he isn't going to wrestle the rest of the day, period. On top of that McCray is a tough kid and wouldn't stay down unless it was an injury that was going to keep him out for an extended period of time.

If the trainer says he can't continue he isn't going to wrestle the rest of the day, period. On top of that McCray is a tough kid and wouldn't stay down unless it was an injury that was going to keep him out for an extended period of time.

it doesn't matter if he is tough or not. If a trainer says the injury is to much to continue then he has no choice. Sometimes injuries look worse than they actually are. If the trainer made a mistake, wouldnt it be better to be protecting his health istead of taking a risk and making the injury worse?You didn't answer the question tho, so would you take the victory and have him go to state or let his opponent win?

it doesn't matter if he is tough or not. If a trainer says the injury is to much to continue then he has no choice. Sometimes injuries look worse than they actually are. If the trainer made a mistake, wouldnt it be better to be protecting his health istead of taking a risk and making the injury worse?You didn't answer the question tho, so would you take the victory and have him go to state or let his opponent win?

That's false I was a senior blew out my elbow the doctor and trainer said I couldn't go, but i cut the cast off and went out there anyways for my final match.

If I am protecting my kid from future injury he isn't going to wrestle the rest of the day.  We have done that numerous times over the years when a kid gets injured and we pull him for the rest of the day.  The same would happen in this case, state or no on the line. 

On top of that if my kid isn't going to wrestle the rest of the day we would probably let the other kid go on the rest of the day.

I am a member of the Kaine Luginbill family and I feel I can speak on behalf of all of us.....yesterday was a serious events of misfortune.  Malcolm who  is a fantastic wrestler has ended his career in a very sad way.  And there are mixed emotions on the advancement of Kaine based on circumstances.  We do understand all the frustration verbalized on this forum and have even said we would not  know how we would feel if Spencer was our family.  I am sure anger and  frustration would be among the emotions.  I do know we, as a family, would not publicly humiliate, yell at or post negative comments or remarks about others.  We, as adults do need to remember WE are the role models to our children and need to teach them the right way to behave.  Booing any young person at a sporting event should not happen and we would appreciate any of you who are feeling angry and decide to attend the state finals to think for a moment about the impact you may have on younger children that may be watching you behave in a negative manner.  My heart goes out to  Spencer Malcolm!

Whatever happened with the injury shouldn't even be discussed. Why is everyone attacking a sophomore and not trying to figure out why potentially dangerous wasn't called. The only reason the trainer, Luginbill, and Malcolm are in this situation is because of a bad call by the ref.

Whatever happened with the injury shouldn't even be discussed. Why is everyone attacking a sophomore and not trying to figure out why potentially dangerous wasn't called. The only reason the trainer, Luginbill, and Malcolm are in this situation is because of a bad call by the ref.

Everybody knows it was a bad call and shouldnt have been illegal. Thats the problem. Everyone including AC knew it was a bad call.  Thats when you do what Y2 was saying and since you used up ur inj. time and couldnt continue and know it was a blown call then let malcolm move on and go get luginbill's back checked out.

Everybody knows it was a bad call and shouldnt have been illegal. Thats the problem. Everyone including AC knew it was a bad call.  Thats when you do what Y2 was saying and since you used up ur inj. time and couldnt continue and know it was a blown call then let malcolm move on and go get luginbill's back checked out.

That's not the answer.... so his sophomore season is ended because of a refs bad call... hows that fair???

If it was potentially dangerous and not illegal would AC wrestler have continued?

I don't know enough about the rules, but looking at it, i can see how it would be an illegal move when it got to the point it did.  perhaps when the ref saw him grab the ankle to take it up he could have stopped it and just called P D.

obviously its a no win situation for all involved .

His senior season is ended because of a refs bad call...hows that fair?

So explain to me this... how does him being a senior entitle him the right to move on? Do they both go to practic day in and day out...both kids worked hard to get where they were... what happened, happened... bad calls happen every year.. its unfair, but such is life! !!

Joel Spaw 2008, 2 time qualifier ranked 4th in state had a high ankle fracture at regionals and forfeited his semi finals match. this is when they only took top 3. duck walks out on one leg and wrestles against the trainers orders and still wrestled his heart out. so if a kid who cant walk is willing to stay on the mat and wrestle, this kid i think could have made a little more of an effort to convince the trainer he was good to wrestle