what would you do to get to state?

WrestlingMan2

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To quote the Adams Central coach who knows the facts:

"I will explain what happened. Kaine injured his back in an illegal bow and arrow. Injury time started. The trainer came to the mat. She was evaluating him. The two minutes expired. The trainer would not let him continue. The match was 2-1 in favor of Malcolm in the first period. This is not a situation anyone wants to happen. The choice was made to accept the dq. He was cleared to wrestle the next round by the medical staff, so he did. As I said, a tough situation on both sides. One kid's season is over. How is it fair to end our season on an illegal move. Would have like to finish it on the mat. Please do not bad talk a kid.

Tony Currie

Adams Central."

So, what would you do to go to state? Run an illegal bow and arrow? Can one of you actually tell me that whenever a the trainer ruled you out of the match because the other wrestler deliberately ran an illegal move on you that you would let that wrestler go on? I mean, yeah, the situation sucked for both guys. I for one know I wouldn't reward somebody who hurt me with an illegal bow and arrow.

he ran out of injury time from an apparent illegal move. Luginbill couldn't finish the match. Malcolm won his first wrestle back and Luginbill lost in the semis.

Luginbill also went on to place third. Also, I'd like to point out that the score was 2-1 (including the point for the illegal move). It wasn't like it was a match that was getting out of hand. It was still anybody's match.

Defending a kid that got booed all day... Ur right, I am biased. I am biased against jerks. No affiliation with either team, just pissed to see the way a kid got a bad rap for doing nothing wrong. Similar thing happened to me when I was wrestling. I just want justice.

I mean, if he is that much better, why run an illegal move. Malcolm probably was the better wrestler. No problem with that being said, but the refs did their jobs and the trainer did hers. Saying he got screwed, well, I guess he screwed himself. He is the one who ran the move.

Dont run illegal moves then a SENIOR should know better... this website was not intended for people like you dfay to get on here and make rude and unfair comments about 16 year old kids... I think you can find something more productive to do with your life...

It was not an illegal move its called a cross face cradle!!!!!

so the ref was so bad that he thought a cross face cradle was illegal. Get out of here. Obviously he did more than a cradle or the ref wouldn't have stopped the match.

To call it an illegal move is wrong.  He was trying to run a cross face cradle and Ludinbill was fighting not to go with it.  In my opinion this should have been stopped for potentially dangerous and not an illegal move.  This should have never came down to the trainer making the decision.  Just another reason in my opinion to have wrestle backs to 4th.

In the 15 years that I have been coaching I have not seen this called this way.

I really just think it was a bad call.

the ref screwed up and the adams central kid played into it.  because the adams central kid was flailing around he torqued himself, nothing illegal.  no penalty point should have been given.  it should have been stopped for a potentially dangerous move.  i think he played into it because he wrestled so well his next matches - no way could he do that with a bad back!

To call it an illegal move is wrong.  He was trying to run a cross face cradle and Ludinbill was fighting not to go with it.  In my opinion this should have been stopped for potentially dangerous and not an illegal move.  This should have never came down to the trainer making the decision.  Just another reason in my opinion to have wrestle backs to 4th.

In the 15 years that I have been coaching I have not seen this called this way.

I really just think it was a bad call.

youre excatly right

the ref screwed up and the adams central kid played into it.  because the adams central kid was flailing around he torqued himself, nothing illegal.  no penalty point should have been given.  it should have been stopped for a potentially dangerous move.  i think he played into it because he wrestled so well his next matches - no way could he do that with a bad back!

So, then from what your saying, your saying Luginbill coaxed a license trainer that she should tell the refs he wasn't allowed to wrestle? I missed that. I mean, who knows how bad he was hurt, who says he wasn't telling the trainer he wanted to wrestle. It wasn't his call as soon as the trainer showed up, and after the trainer makes that call, how can you argue it?