Merriville

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the East Chicago sectional and I think that would be a great place. Plenty of seating and parking. Although I agree about their location is the biggest problem.

I can guarantee you that any coach/parent/athlete coming from South Bend wouldn't mind a little more travel if that's what it takes to actually be able to get a warm up in before (what amounts to for many of these kids) the biggest matches of their lives.

I'm going with mackey!  You have harrison, west lafayette,mcCutcheon,and Lafayette Jeff to all help chip in and get the job done!  Boiler up!

That would be phenomenal. I've been to the FW semi state a few times, and its so much nicer actually having room to breathe. Long haul to the hospitality room, but what're ya gonna do.  ;)

Mackey Arena barely held 4 mats for Big 10s. Wrestlers would be forced to warm up in the back area still if they held it there.

Mackey.jpg

Y2CJ41

It's not like Semi-state is about wrestling, it's all about the spectators duh.  Come on people let it go.  Merrillville Semi-State is awesome and I wouldn't have it any other way.  People are so close to each other it's like there's wrestling on the mats and in the stands haha.  Good luck to everyone this weekend!

Yea.  "Warm up area" was a big problem for the Big 10 wrestlers.

There were no problems with warm up areas at the big ten tournament.  There was a wreslters only area in the adjacent facility (IAF) with a linked speaker system, similar to the practice gym at banker's life.  Mackey would be THE BEST facility, but im sure it would come at quite a price.

There were no problems with warm up areas at the big ten tournament.  There was a wreslters only area in the adjacent facility (IAF) with a linked speaker system, similar to the practice gym at banker's life.  Mackey would be THE BEST facility, but im sure it would come at quite a price.

Compromising the Purdue Womens and Mens basketball schedule might be the biggest challenge.

I think everyone would agree that the seating in the first two rounds at Merrillville is not good.  The pressure is relieved after that but tomorrow it may be a little longer before that occurs.  Atmosphere though is great for final two rounds of wrestling, don't think you are closer at any other venue.  Come on RegionRat, I say this every year, everyone complains about pricing of concessions but seem to be ok being gouged the following weekend at Banker's Life.  Can't remember but do they allow coolers at State?  As for warm up area, I thought they were allowing wrestlers in there auxiliary gym upstairs to warm up?  I don't know of too many venues that you will have a warm up area actually in the same area were the mats are placed and wrestling occurring.  Has anyone ever found out if any school has actually asked for the Semi-State?

I am moving up north this summer and i think it would be awsome to be moved to mackey and wrestlers warming up is just all the back halls that the spectators dont see at all which just by those halls is about 9times more space than any part in merriville to warm up in and also if we have some many place where this could be held at why not change every five years to a new facility and have other school or places get the chance to host THE GREATEST SEMI STATE of all time

i just wanted to tell you guys how nice it is at New Castle...there isnt a bad seat in the house, you can see all 4 mats from any seat top to bottom. also the there is so much room for the fans you can actually stretch out your legs without kicking anyone in front of you. the wrestlers have plenty of room to warm up prior to their matches. and the concession stand is fairly priced with standard concession stand food, walking tacos, hotdogs, & nachos, none over priced. and parking isnt bad either even if you show up late you can still get a decent spot to park with entrances on both ends of the building so never a far walk to & from your cars. so aside from having the best wrestlers in the state its definatly a great venue for a high school semi-state wrestling tournament. all in all i just wanted to tell you guys how nice it was at New Castle bcuz you all seem very unsatisfied and i think i can speak for everyone in saying im glad to go to New Castle every year...LMAO

and ive been to new castle semi state and wrestled there before and won a couple middle school championships there and have done team idniana training camps there so i know how big it is but still believe if that facility was up north it would be packed alot of people leave because no one wants to sit packed in

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.