Merriville

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EC Central has plenty of space and would be ideal because state wouldn't have to pay rent. Hammond Civic Center is renovated and could probably be gotten cheap . The problem would be getting people in place to help work the tourney. The EC AD has a wrestling background and could handle it as long as he had enough capable people helping. Someone would have to step up and apply for the state to even consider it though. With the addition of wrestlebacks this year Merrillville is going to have to use 4 mats most of the day forcing everyone to be cramped into the balcony . It's going to be interesting to hear what Mr Faulkens or Mr Cox has to say if either shows up on Saturday .

Sorry I do not know who posted this, but it is time for it to come out.

The 68th (Ave.) Psalm

From the Book of Merrillville, chapter 1

Bobby Cox is my leader; I shall not whine.

He maketh me to sit in overcrowded gymnasiums:

He leadeth me to overpriced concessions.

He taketh my coin:

He leadeth me into a Merrillville hell for the IHSAA’s sake.

Yea, though I walk past the purple-shirted Nazis who steal my cooler,

I will enjoy no hospitality: For that room is off-limits;

Thy AD and security people, they scream at me.

Thou preparest a table for the media, then refuse to let them sit;

Thine wrestlers warm up in the hallways with a thousand fans; there is nowhere else to go.

Surely someone will hear my screams as I am pushed down inside the bleachers

Otherwise I may dwell in the Home of the Pirates forever.  Amen.

Sorry I do not know who posted this, but it is time for it to come out.

The 68th (Ave.) Psalm

From the Book of Merrillville, chapter 1

Bobby Cox is my leader; I shall not whine.

He maketh me to sit in overcrowded gymnasiums:

He leadeth me to overpriced concessions.

He taketh my coin:

He leadeth me into a Merrillville hell for the IHSAA’s sake.

Yea, though I walk past the purple-shirted Nazis who steal my cooler,

I will enjoy no hospitality: For that room is off-limits;

Thy AD and security people, they scream at me.

Thou preparest a table for the media, then refuse to let them sit;

Thine wrestlers warm up in the hallways with a thousand fans; there is nowhere else to go.

Surely someone will hear my screams as I am pushed down inside the bleachers

Otherwise I may dwell in the Home of the Pirates forever.  Amen.

That's awesome!  And the truth!

No other school has stepped up to take it.  heard that mville AD has asked,      but no takers

I think that's the key. We can discuss this to death and complain about it but until someone steps up gives a legitimate proposal I don't think it will move. I'm sure it takes a lot of work and requires a ton of help. On a side note they do run a fairly efficient tournament.

East Chicago, Calumet, Hammond Civic Center, the Arc at Valparaiso University, and the Gary Genisis Center would all be great places to hold Semi-State, but let's be real and see how many schools would want to travel to the northwest corner of the region.  I would love for it to be at one of these places, as they are about 10 minutes from me.  I will go on record right now and say if 1 of these places wants to host semi-state, I will offer to be tournament director.

East Chicago, Calumet, Hammond Civic Center, the Arc at Valparaiso University, and the Gary Genisis Center would all be great places to hold Semi-State, but let's be real and see how many schools would want to travel to the northwest corner of the region.  I would love for it to be at one of these places, as they are about 10 minutes from me.  I will go on record right now and say if 1 of these places wants to host semi-state, I will offer to be tournament director.

I was at the East Chicago sectional and I think that would be a great place. Plenty of seating and parking. Although I agree about their location is the biggest problem.

I wish the bo jackson Dome in Crown Point was laid out differently. If it ws set up for fan seating that would be pretty cool. As far as Hobart goes I don't know if our gym is any bigger than Merrillville..I think it's about the same size of smaller..but if they ever rehash the hotel convention center with sports dome that was tabled in 2011..then we are talking.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.