Best State final matches!

Wrestlingfan182

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2006 130 lb. Semi-Final- Matt Hemry v. Alex Warren

If I remember correctly Hemry was down 5-0 going into the third, got 5 straight takedowns and then got taken down at the very end, final score 14-11.  Warren went on to win, with a controversial call in the finals.

That was a good one, Warren was up 10-2 at the end of the 1st.. Broke on bottom in the 2nd and the rest of his points were from getting cut/escape. 14-11 got to show up healthy

I was wondering if I was the only one to remember this match. Vega got underhooks and put him to his back to win at the last second!!! Market Square went nuts. Doherty(sp) vs Lund. Lund gets hit in two headlocks and still almost wins the match. Ayersman vs Campbell. All heart.

I was warming up and watching vega/schafer on tv but thought Greg was down and went for desparate throw.

That was a good one, Warren was up 10-2 at the end of the 1st.. Broke on bottom in the 2nd and the rest of his points were from getting cut/escape. 14-11 got to show up healthy

Your memory is better than mine, thanks for the clarification.  I just remember Hemry putting on a clinic and Warren had nothing for him.

[quote 2011-Ayersman and Cambell or PM kid that absolutely launched the Roncolli boy (not a great match in terms of wrestling, but the sound it made around Conseco at the time was nuts).

McKinley VS Kieffer 125 lbs match.

i believe vega was down in points and had to throw to win

I believe it was tied until Vega cut him and was down by 1 before he hit the throw for the win. Really got the arena rocking. The Saturday morning rounds always seem to have some good ones bright and early.

Haha my interpretation is where it says "State Finals" on the ihsaa website, it gives the ticket information for all three sessions.

Using the IHSAA in an argumeny about wrestling...thats funny. Do they know anything about wrestling?

You can have your exciting semifinals match, and I'll take the ones actually under the lights

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.